[Makebelieve] Fic: Black and Blue Heart (Primeval) Nick Cutter/Sephen Hart

makebelieve archive makebelievearchive at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 22:56:04 PDT 2008

Black and Blue Heart
by PEJA
makebelievearchive at gmail.com

Author's websites: http://www.squidge.org/peja/cgi-bin/viewuser.php?uid=1
Fandom: Primeval (New series that started this week on AmericaBBC here in
Austin)
Pairing: Nick Cutter/Stephen Hart
Portrayed by: Douglas Henshall/James Murray (I've included the rest of the
series cast at the end)
Category: slash
Rating: FRAO
Spoilers: for "Series 1 Episode 1"
Series/Sequel: HAHAHA...what do you think I am...a glutton for punishment?
Brief Summary: Nick discovers that his wife may still be alive. What does
this mean for the relationship between him and Stephen. this is all cannon
accept for the Nick/Stephen that's all in my dreams
Warnings: would the warning that PEJA is writing again be pertinent?
Notes/acknowledgments: Writing this to introduce a new list
General thanks to all of you folks who are requesting short fics and improvs
in the various fandoms. You're keeping the words flowing.
Disclaimers:
Archive: Yes, but ask first, include the complete story and provide a URL to
the archive
Forwarding to other lists: Okay, but keep my name and headers attached. A
heads up would be nice as well.

Naked as the day he was born, Stephen Hart grimaced at his mirror image, his
haunted gaze tracing the dark bruises tattooed over over half his body. "Oh
man," he grumbled, twisting around so he could examine the large patch of
blue-black on his left shoulder with gentle fingers, wondering what part of
the day's abuses caused that particularly nasty bit of damage. "No doubt
about it. I am going to be black and blue forever."

"Good thing you look good in black and blue."

Stephen twisted just a bit more, enough to locate his boss and lover, Nick
Cutter leaning idly with his hip against the door frame. "Yuckity yuck. Very
funny.....Been there long, have you?"

"Long enough to have some rather inspiring, lascivious thoughts cross my
mind." Nick sauntered across the room to stand behind Stephen. "Your arse is
damn appealing in that shade of bruise." His arms wrapped around the younger
man and he bent to drop a kiss on the crook of Stephen's neck, careful to
find an unbruised bit of skin.

"You're a bleeding laugh riot tonight, are't ya?" Stephen slipped out of his
embrace, grabbing a large bath towel and wrapping it around his nudity.

Arching a sandy brow, Nick crossed his arms over his chest. "Problem?"

"Why does there have to be a problem?" Stephen grumbled, heading for the bed
he shared with the great man. "Why can't I just be tired and leave it at
that. I fought a freaking dino today and damn near lost. Do ye kean that?
Might be I'm bleeding freaked out by that, you think?"

"Oh, aye," Nick was upon him in an instant, turning him onto his back and
framing his face with his hands as he loomed above. him. "I ken that right
and proper, I do. Bloody hell,twas me the creature was intent on devouring
before you crashed into it with the bleeding car. You saved my life."

Stephen's grim expression softened as he cupped Nick's face with a gentle
hand. "You can't be sure of that."

"Ye think not?"

Stephen sighed. "I think we're running out of time. Helen..."

"Helen has nothing to do with us, Stephen. You said it yourself. She didn't
come back. I...wasn't important enough."

"And you? I overheard Claudia debriefing Captain Ryan, Nick. He said you
refused to come back until he announced he would na leave you there." Tears
well in his eyes. "Tell me, Nick, if that damn grunt had na been determined
to stay on the other side of the rift with you, would you nay have stayed as
well? Would ye nay have left me behind while you chase after the elusive
Helen?"

"I would have found a way back, Stephen. I swear, I would have come home to
you." he sighed raggedly, dropping his head until his forehead rested on
Stephen's. "I...I just need to know... why? Why I wasn't enough. I need to
know why I couldn't hold her love."

"Because you want her back?" Stephen murmured brokenly. "Love her."

"Lord, do look the fool to you." Nick rasped. "I want to know so I don't
make the same mistake with you, idiot. Because I love you. You, do you ken?
I love you."

Stephen met his gaze, tracing his lower lip with his thumb. "And I love you
too."

Nick chuckled. "so why are we talking." He claimed Stephen's lips with a
gentle kiss, asking for permission and getting it as the younger man wrapped
his arms around his back and drew him down more firmly over his bruised but
lusting body

PRIMEVAL CAST
Ben Miller - James Lester
Lucy Brown - Claudia Brown
Andrew Lee Potts - Connor Temple
Hannah Spearritt - Abby Maitland
James Murray - Stephen Hart
Douglas Henshall - Nick Cutter
Juliet Aubrey - Helen Cutter

The wwomb archive http://www.squidge.org/~peja/cgi-bin/index.php accepts all
fandoms, all genres. Come create your personal page with us
Need a plot bunny? http://community.livejournal.com/adoptaplotbunny/
ready to commit ten minutes a day to writing?