[Makebelieve] Fic: Lizards And Teddy Bears 5 (Gibbs/DiNozzo, hints Gibbs/Palmer) - dues where needed

makebelieve archive makebelievearchive at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 18:09:20 PDT 2008

Lizards And Teddy Bears 5
by peja

Fandom: NCIS
Pairing: Tony/Jethro,
Rating: FRAO
Warning: This has shades of Het. Sorta, MPreg, Alien sex
Note: This was inspired by a post sent to NavyNCISslash awhile back, asking
the name of an episode where Tony finds a lizard in his bed, the lizard
morphed. Doesn't take much to warp the warped.
Rating: FRAO
Categories: NCIS, slash fiction
Characters: Jethro Gibbs/Tony DiNozzo, Tony/Jen
Portrayed by
Genres: Hetero, Slash
Acknowledgments: This story is dedicated to Cassio (WWOMB) who requested
another chapter
General thanks to all of you folks who are requesting short fics and improvs
in the various fandoms. You're keeping the words flowing.
Previous chapters on my LJ begin at
http://peja1956.livejournal.com/38121.html then follow the links or on my
story page on makebelieve,
http://www.squidge.org/~peja/cgi-bin/viewuser.php?uid=1

Tony's words cut through Gibbs like a knife to the gut. He slid down the
door, his body curling in on itself while tears strolled down his pale
cheeks.

Time stood still while Gibbs mourned his dreams.

Finally, tucking away his grief, he pulled himself up and walked stiffly
across the room to the phone, dialing quickly before he could take the
coward's way out and hang up.

"Dr Mallard." Ducky's familiar voice was a balm to his soul.

"Tony wants to abort the child. Can you find a surrogate?"

"Are you sure the two of you can't make this work, Jethro? You will be
giving up.."

"I know what I am giving up." Gibbs closed his eyes quickly, trapping a
fresh wave of tears. "I have forfeit him already in forcing this on him."

Ducky made some small clucking noises on his end, then said, "McGee has
hinted that he might be willing to carry a child. Or young Palmer. He's
quite eager, and since he's a breed, perhaps the better choice."

"Fine, whatever you decide." and listened to Ducky humming and haw-ing on
his end. "Ducky, for Christ's sake. I don't want a mate. I lost my mate when
he rejected my.... Just get me a surrogate. One who won't form any
attachment, because God knows I can not do that again."

"Have you told Tony? He'll have to be moved immediately after the child is
transferred. The hormones he'll be passing could have confusing effects on
the imprinting you must do with ...Palmer, then?"

"Yes, yes, Palmer will be fine. How soon can you do the procedure?"

"The sooner the better. Be ready at, shall we say...2:30?"

Gibbs sighed, too drained to care. "Fine."

"Gibbs? Tell Tony what you are doing. He has the right to know."

Gibbs didn't answer. He was slowly sinking into an abyss of heartbreak. The
act of simply hanging up the phone was almost more than he could handle.

Walking back across the room to the sofa, he flopped down, staring
unseeingly into space. He remained like that, insulated from the world
inside his head, until he could bring himself to terms with what he had to
do.

Tony may not be able to forgive him, but at the very least he could give the
man he loved what he wanted. The child gone.

He would not, would never, abort the child, but...

He jerked to his feet, going to the locked bathroom door. "Tony? Tony,
listen to me. Ducky and Palmer are coming to see you."

"Go away, Gibbs."

"You said you wanted the child gone." Gibbs choked on the words, dashing
away the fresh tears streaming down his face with an angry fist. "They are
going to do that."

"Abortion?" Tony asked, his voice strangely quiet.

Gibbs couldn't answer, his throat to filled with the anguish flooding
through his blood.

After a moment the door opened.

"Gibbs?"

Gibbs took a quick step backward, avoiding Tony's outstretched hand. "No. Do
not touch me right now. This is hard enou..." Drawing a deep breath, he
shook his head. "Tony, I..." He turned, walking to the window to stare out.
"When Ducky arrives, he will take you and Palmer to our be..the bedroom. It
is not a painful procedure, you don't have to worry about that. He will ask
you to strip. It is necessary. There is a...dimple, behind your balls. He
will need to ..." He drew another deep breath. "..to stimulate that area.
Manipulated properly the birthing sac will release. The child will pass from
your body as if he were never there."

"And I suppose you expect we'll just go back to the way we were before
you..."

"No. No, Tony. That will not be possible." He turned, his misery screaming
from his eyes. "When the child passes, the birth sac will be placed inside
Palmer."

"Palmer...?"

"He will carry the child to term. He is a breed, born of a human but
inseminated by one of my kind. You don't need to worry about your
contribution to the child. My species carries the dominant gene. By the time
the child is birthed, your gene pattern will be pretty much eliminated...a
trace, maybe, but not enough to ...matter."

"And what about us?"

A spasm of grief twisted Gibbs face. "Done."

"What?"

"When the child passes from your body someone will guide you to the housing
being prepared for you now. You may take your things when you leave, or I
can have them sent later. This will be our last contact of any sort."

"And I don't have any say in any of this?"

"I am in the mating time of life. I must mate and produce children every two
years until I pass this phase of life. It is the way of my species. Not
choice, but instinct." Gibbs sighed tiredly. "When the baby is passed, go.
Do not try to contact me, this is too difficult as it is."

Gibbs looked at Tony then and the younger man could see his lover's soul
dying in his eyes.

"Ducky will be here in a few moments." Gibbs headed for the door.

"I thought you said we couldn't leave." Tony called after him.

Gibbs turned back to his lover, his gaze lingering before they closed on his
anguish. "I can not be here, Tony. Not for this. Not loving you as..." He
shook his head and wrenched open the door. "Just...be happy, Tony. Be happy
for both of us."

Tony didn't hear the door close, leaving him alone with his thoughts. His
heart was screaming too loudly in his ears.

end this chapter

"Ten Minutes" list, I choose to do a chapter of this instead of one of the
prompts today...might still go back and d something wth at least one prompt
yet tonight, though...no promises

The wwomb archive http://www.squidge.org/~peja/cgi-bin/index.php accepts all
fandoms, all genres. Come create your personal page with us
Need a plot bunny? http://community.livejournal.com/adoptaplotbunny/