[Makebelieve] Geocities closing websites in 3 months - wwomb offering space to authors who need it

makebelieve archive makebelievearchive at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 20:00:22 PDT 2009

*The Geocities page has a banner up saying they are closing up the websites
on Oct 26.* I'm writing this post in case anyone has a site on geo and would
like to import their work to wwomb. Contact me privately ASAP if you need
assistance uploading your work, or would like me to import the stories for
you.  If you'd like to forward this to any other interested parties, or
lists, please do. the thought of losing all those wonderful stories to a
site closing is not a happy one.

Authors who want to shadow a site from another server , not Geo, with us are
also welcome to create a page on wwomb. Or if you're currently looking for
an archive site, and would like to post with wwomb, you can send your work
as a direct submission to makebelievearchive at gmail.com

finally, I want to welcome the authors who have already responded by either
asking to be imported or by importing themselves. I hope you will find a
home with us for many years to come

--
The MB Archive invites all authors to archive
http://www.squidge.org/peja/cgi-bin/index.php
direct submissions  - makebelievearchive at gmail.com
Mailing Lists, Journals and Blogs
http://www.squidge.org/peja/cgi-bin/categories.php?catid=3252