[Makebelieve] Shortfic: Midsummer Dreams - Hercules - Iolaus/Autolycus, herc - FRC - angst

makebelieve archive makebelievearchive at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 20:28:03 PDT 2009

Midsummer dreams
by PEJA

Fandom: Hercules
Pairing: Hercules, Iolaus/Autolycus, Ares
Portrayed by Kevin Sorbo, Michael Hurst/Bruce Campbell, Kevin Smith
Rating: FRC
List Written for: http://lists.squidge.org/wws/info/7daysbdsmandslash
Author's websites:
http://peja.insanejournal.com/
http://peja1956.livejournal.com
http://www.squidge.org/peja/cgi-bin/viewuser.php?uid=1
I write dozens of fandoms, adding new ones all the time. to stay in the
know, keep tabs on either the Journal or the archive.
Disclaimer. does not belong to me. no money made in this
Note: this is not a fandom I write in so take it with the bumbling confusion
that it is offered.
Note: The author allows forwarding of her work, provided she knows where its
going and any feedback is forwarded back.
Note 2: The author allows frustrated readers to continue any WIP from the
clearly marked end chapter, provided the author who creates this fic tree
credits the original author with what is hers and provides a copy of the
extension for her personal pleasure AND archiving on the wwomb
Disclaimer: Hercules does not belong to me, no money made in this, just the
joy of sharing a past friend with you all.
I've taken some liberties, here. I know it should be fruit and flowers, not
ribbons, but damn...I like the ribbons visual

Hercules paused, his eyes drawn to the man dancing with the other
celebrating men and woman...mainly women. His body, stripped to a simple
loin cloth, glistened in the sun from his unending efforts to match the
supple dancers who moved in sync with him. His laughter was like a song,
rising and falling among the sweet voiced giggles and outright barks of
delight as the dancers swayed and twisted, never loosing their hold on the
colored ribbons that looped down from the tall, cypress maypole.

A sudden surge of desire swept over Hercules as their eyes met, caressed,
then Iolaus' gaze moved on and he broke from the dancers, his body moving in
a sensuous glide in Hercules' direction. He could almost believe the other
man was swaying toward him, Almost...Until he slinked past and fell into the
open arms of the man who professed his undying love to Iolaus.

Hercules' blue eyes narrowed and for a brief moment he understood what drove
his half brother Ares to the madness of war. That man could have been,
should have been him. And watching Iolaus with his beloved, Hercules could
cheerfully have throttled the wiley thief, Autolycus. the rage rose up,
threatening to choke him when Autolycus drew Iolaus tighter into his embrace
and his lips claimed lips that Hercules wanted for himself.

Lips at drove him to distraction.

Lips he could never taste.

He'd had his chance and like any fool, had turned his back on that chance.

Hercules had no chioce now. He swallow the dreams of that might have been if
he hadn't been so afraid. If he hadn't refused Iolaus when he had approached
him so many months ago.

His life would have been so different if he had been the one to see the gem
in the sturdy little body, but he'd been afraid and what might have been
moved on, leaving him behind.

But like every midsummer dream, he'd had the chance to accept what might
have been. No more, though. The chance was gone, never to return.
END

The MB Archive http://www.squidge.org/peja/cgi-bin/index.php invites you to
expand your reader base by uploading to the site or posing direct
submissions to the makebelievearchive at gmail.com
Betas register your services on the MB site thru Your Account page.
The "News section" http://www.squidge.org/peja/cgi-bin/news.php includes
"New Fandoms & Characters", "New Challenges", "New MLs" and  weekly  "Fandom
Call challenges
Challenges are permanently posted to
http://www.squidge.org/peja/cgi-bin/challenges.php
A complete list of hosted <b>Mailing Lists, Journals and Blogs at
http://www.squidge.org/peja/cgi-bin/categories.php?catid=3252