[Makebelieve] Fic: Team Pet - Torchwood - Jack/Charles, Alice/Emily - FRT

makebelieve archive makebelievearchive at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 12:40:49 PDT 2010

Title: Team Pet
Author: peja
Fandom: Torchwood
Characters/Pairing [portrayed by]:
1. Jack Harkness/Charles Gaskell [John Barrowman/Cornelius Macarthy]
2. Alice Guppy/ Emily Holroyd [Amy Manson/Heather Craney] mentioned
Rating: FRT
Prompt: "Team Pet" issued from tw100
Warnings: angst
Genre: slash
Series: Freaks and Lovers. Second in series, sequel to "Pet Freak"
http://www.squidge.org/~peja/cgi-bin/viewstory.php?sid=46452
Series Summary: This is the story of Billy and Sue, an age ole' story, with
a moral too...but Billy had to die, and when you learn the reason why,
you'll hang your head and cry...oops, wrong couple...Jack and Charles.
Harkness and Gaskell, that is. Wrong story too, cuz Jack can't die. He can
only wish he could.
Series location: http://www.squidge.org/peja/cgi-bin/series.php?seriesid=801
Spoilers: Mention of episode "Fragments"
Permission to archive to WWOMB: Yes
Acknowledgments/Notes: About the Requested Fic order....I'm skipping ahead
on this one since this is this week's prompt over at tw100. Will get back to
the "Andromeda/Angels 4"piece soon as I post this.
Disclaimer. Torchwood, Jack Harkness and Charles Gaskell do not belong to
me, their are the creation of one Richard Davies. That said, no money made
in this

Jack Harkness rolled the whiskey glass between his hands, staring glumly
into the amber liquid. Charles Gaskell would be getting worried, maybe. If
not worried for Jack's safety, then worried that Torchwood's pet freak was
pulling a runner. The would never be tolerated. Not even from Torchwood's
somewhat slightly house-broken alien.

It crossed his mind that Gaskell might have already taken the bit between
his teeth and reported him bolting from his room to Alice and Emily. Would
he have turned him in, knowing how the ladies hated having their intimate
moments interrupted? If he had, the two gorgeous harpies would be hot on his
trail. He didn't think they had tracked down this particular back-water bolt
hole. Still....

He cast a glance around, having no real inclination to fall under the care
and handling of those two again. The first time he'd fallen into their
tender care, he'd been shot, repeatedly electrocuted. He didn't bother to
suppress the shudder rippling his body. He might not be kill-able, but they
knew ways to make the dying a close second to the agonies of hell, and last
damn near just as long. Or at least seem to.

He had no desire for a repeat performance. Suspected they might have
something even more terrible for disciplining the disobedient pet freak.

But, then again, going back. Charles would be there, waiting for him.
Expecting him to beg forgiveness for his temper tantrum, to slip into his
bed for a care-free romp between the sheets. Jack didn't feel care-free. He
felt ...broken. It hurt his soul knowing Charles considered him less than
human simply because...Dammit. It wasn't his fault his death had been cut
short. He hadn't asked to be brought back to this nightmare of immortality.
Hadn't wanted it.

Jack's vision clouded as tears rose in him, blinding him. His basic
hedonistic nature craved affection. He needed it as surely as he needed to
breath. If he was nothing more to Charles than the kink of the day...

Closing his eyes to the pain, Jack drank deeply of his whiskey. He slammed
the glass down and called for another without looking up.

A large hand closed over the one that held the glass. You don't need that,
My Jack."

Jack didn't bother to hide the cringe. He slowly lifted his haunted gaze to
Charles. "How...?"

"I have my ways. His eyes raced over Jack, searching, watchful. "Darling
Jack, I was worried about you." Charles leaned down, claiming pale lips. "I
am sorry I spoke so carelessly. Didn't mean to hurt you. You
are...important."

Jack snorted half-heartedly. "To Torchwood."

"Yes, I suppose." Charles allowed a smile to curve his luscious lips. "But I
mean you are important to me. You silly, sexy, temperamental...human...man.
You are important to me."

Jack blinked. "Did you say...human?"

Charles chuckled, pulling Jack from the chair and into his arms. "Let's go
home, my love." I want to hold you all night. Hold you all our lives
together, if you allow me to."

Jack attempted a wavering smile. "Just hold me? Nothing more?"

"Whatever you want, Jack. Whatever it takes to convince you I won't stomp on
your heart."

"Alice and Emily ...

"Fuck Alice and Emily. They have each other. They don't have a say in us."

Charles couldn't have said anything more to prove his feelings. Jack sighed,
melting against his lover for a moment, pressing a kiss against Charles
neck. "Let's go home."

End

Note: Thoughts? Suggestions for a story in this fandom, or another?
Speak to me people. Cyber is lonely and silent and like Jack I crave the
words.

--
The MB Archive invites all authors to archive
http://www.squidge.org/peja/cgi-bin/index.php
direct submissions  - makebelievearchive at gmail.com
Mailing Lists, Journals and Blogs
http://www.squidge.org/peja/cgi-bin/categories.php?catid=3252