No subject

Fri Mar 12 10:22:39 PST 2010

breath for the slavers to pass. He'd witnessed this scene played out
thousands of times over his growing up years. Had heard the tales of abuse
and neglect served up on the heads of those luckless slaves apprehended by
the Dragan acquisition teams.

He'd learned early on to keep a low profile any time the warriors entered
his section of the breeder camp, especially since he'd reached the age of
maturity. Too many breeding aged humans had vanished over the last couple
years for any of the young men and women to think themselves safe.

And the rumors about the missing humans fates were far from appealing.
Better to be a magog hatchery than to be taken by the Dragans.

"Seamus," his father whispered at his ear. "Take your mother and get back t=
Brendan Lahey. Your cousin will see to it that these bastards don't find
you."

"But...."

"No buts, son. They'll see us here. You know they will. We're in a bad
position. I need to lead them away from you." He smiled grimly. "I'll hold
them off you as long as I can."

Harper peered around the corner. The acquisition team were almost upon them=
.
It would only take one glance and they would be finished.

He met his father's eyes, the love he held for the man who had raised him
shining in his moist eyes. "Dad, I..."

His father smiled recklessly. "I know, boy. I know." He held out his hand t=
Seamus.

Seamus stared at that hand then clasped his father's forearm in a comradely
grip. "I'll do the best I can, Dad."

Harper's father grinned. "Woman," he said turning to his lady wife. "Let ou=
son see you to safety."

She stared into his eyes a long moment, then went into his arms for a deep
searching kiss. "Forever, my love," she whispered as they parted.

"Forever." He cupped her cheek. "Go now. Quickly."

Before either could argue, his father darted out of the alley and down the
street. Distracted by certain prey, the dragan squad took pursuit, dragging
the luckless humans they already possessed along behind them.

Seamus stared after them until they rounded the corner, than, taking his
mother's hand, he lead her the opposite direction.

Several blocks later they ran into the second team.

"God's mercy." his mother cried as the warriors sprang out of a darkened
shop two blocks ahead of them.

The ambushed humans whirled on their heels, running in the direction they'd
come.

"This is no good," his mother rasped, clutching at her side. "I've got a
pain in my side. I can't run anymore. Harper, save yourself. Go quickly. To
the arranged spot. We'll met you there, god willing."

"Mom, I don't want to leave you. I..."

She gave him a shove toward the next street. "Go, my son. Be safe. For your
father. For me, go."

With that, she whirled, snatching up a rod lying in the street and prepared
to meet the warriors head on.

Harper ran, near blinded by the tears.

For the love of his mom and dad, he ran.

************

Brendan laid a hand on Seamus' shoulder, bringing the smaller blond out of
his grim thoughts. "Seamus, you did the only thing you could. They died so
you could live."

Seamus nodded. "Yeah, that's me, Seamus Harper, the fuck that does the righ=
thing every time." He tugged the shriller out of his hip pocket. "Especiall=
if its the easy thing." He pressed it to his lips and blew. Once, twice and
again, then let the shriller slip from his fingers into his parents shared
grave.

Taking time to study the two who gave him life one last time he turned on
his heel and walked away, leaving his cousin to stand vigil over the dead.

Harper let his feet take him where they would, wandering without thought.
Without direction. Lost in a grief so large he felt it would swallow him
alive.

Until a voice called his name and he realized he'd wandered the day away an=
was deep in the darkness of night.

His blue gaze swept the area, searching for the person who was calling to
him. And found no one. "Great, superhero, now you're imagining things. Way
to lose your mind hotshot."

He walked on, getting a forth of the way down the block before his name was
whispered from the shadows again.

He whirled around and found the streets empty.

"Whose there?" He rasped.

No answer came to him.

He started walking again. Slipping into a fast walk, his eyes scanning
everything around him for the people, for there had been two separate
voices. How many more? How many?

"Harper"

"Har-r-r-per"

"Hey, Harper..."

Three new voices took up the chant.

Panic flooded his blood and he whirled, trying to penetrate the darkness. T=
locate his tormentors. "This isn't funny." He screamed, whirling this way
and that. "Show yourself."

Nothing moved.

"Dammit, show yourselves."

Still the silence reigned.

Harper drew a shaky breath, raked through his spiked hair. "I've got a gun.
You'd be smart if you leave me alone."

"I've got a gun." a voice taunted somewhere to his left.

"You'd be smart....." came from the left

"Leave me alone." from behind and much too close for comfort.

Biting his lip, Harper slowly turned to face the approaching Dragan warrior=
.

Frozen in place, Harper mouthed a silent, "No."

The warrior chuckled, rippling his talons in the moonlight. "You'd be
smart," he minced, "If you leave me alone."

Harper held his hands out before him as if to ward off the approaching
slaver. "Leave me alone.

"What's wrong, kludge?" the slaver said, opening his arms wide. "No one her=
to get between us and you tonight?"

Another warrior stepped into the light, closing in on him. "No one to
protect the breeder."

And yet another hulking slaver stepped into the light, stalking him. "No on=
to stop us from taking the kludge we were sent to acquire?"

The muscles in Harper's body finally unlocked. he reached for the shriller
in his back pocket and came up empty.

He'd tossed it in his parents grave.

God, the only hope and he'd chucked it like a fool to the slaughter.

Like a kludge.

Fueled by terror, his feet carried him backward a step or two before he
whirled and darted past the warriors coming at him from all sides.

And suddenly the street was filled with over a dozen loping Dragan warriors=
,
throwing taunts, calling his name. Keeping pace with his heels, breathing
down his neck. A few sprinted ahead and turning gracefully around, ran
backward, facing him.

Near blinded by tears, Seamus ran. ran until his lungs burned, threatening
to burst. Ran until fire lanced in his side, bending him over and still he
ran, stumbling, catching himself, running without hope.

Fingers brushed over his skin. "He's a fine specimen."

A razor sharp talon pricked his arm. "He has spirit. He'll breed strong
slaves."

One of the warriors facing him caressed his groin. "A nice package, boy.
You'll do well."

Harper jerked away from each touch, each caress, slowing as his body ran
down. He stumbled again. This time going down on his knees. He scrambled on
hands and knees, not yet willing to admit defeat.

A brutal foot stabbed into his throbbing side, lifting him off the ground.
Another thudding kick against his temple brought him down, and the darkness
folded in on him.

"Take the kludge to the ship and clean him up," he heard as he slipped away=
.
"Del Fey will expect to feast on this one tonight."

Flashpoint 2: Awakening
By PEJA

Waking came slow and with a blaze of pain riding his entire body. Taking
care not to breath too deeply, Seamus Harper slitted his eyes and let in a
small bit of the nightmare come to life.

He was not in Boston. From the look of the reflective white metal walls and
smell of recirculated air he wasn't even on the planet anymore.

A drawn out moan crawled out of the pit of his stomach and he draped a
weighted arm over his eyes to block out what his mind screamed against
believing. Screamed out, then with the submission of a man in hell shuddere=
to acceptance.

"I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto," he mumbled under his breath.

"You're awake?" a soft voice said, coming from behind him to. "I had begun
to worry."

A smile lit Harper's face at the sound of the soft womanly voice and
forgetting the damage to his body, he rolled over. A sharp, stabbing pain
dug into his ribs, curling him in on himself. "Oh, this is so not good."

He tried to roll over onto his side but the ripping pain in his ribs stille=
him even before the woman=92s hands confined him.

"You need to be still awhile. You took a vicious beating."

Breathing through the pain wracking his body, Harper arched a sarcastic
brow. "Gee, ya think?"

She smiled softly, patting his hand. "The master commanded you be given a
nanobot injection. You need to lie still until the agents can repair the
damage."

"Master?" Gritting his teeth, Harper pressed himself to sit up. "Oh, man, I
....forgot. The Dragan=92s....Where are they?" Gritting his teeth against t=
he
blackness eating away at his vision, he shoved onto his feet. His knees
wobbling under him, he clung to the side of the high bed, casting a
desperate darting glance around.

"You=92re in the infirmary," the woman informed him, hurriedly getting a
shoulder under him to support him. "Please, you must get back in bed. The
master won=92t be happy if you injure yourself farther."

Harper ignored her pleas, his eyes darting around the med-center
desperately.

"You can not escape. Master Del Fey has posted guards outside." the woman
told him. "Please..."

Harper thrust her away, stumbling at the force of his own shove, he reached
out, catching himself against the bed and jarring his ribs. Darkness hit hi=
like a wave, but he shook it off, his fear too strong to let him escape
through unconsciousness.

Wavering, swaying, he dragged one foot in front of the other toward what he
hoped was the back door. Several steps into his impossibly slow flight to
freedom, his knees caved under him and he went down hard.

The woman knelt at his side, trying to coax him back to bed.

He shook her off, gaining his hands and knees, but unable to stand. He
continued forward the only way he could, crawling stiffly on arms that
seemed intent on flopping in no particular direction, until once more his
body collapsed. floundering, unable to get his arms to support him for more
than seconds, he resorted to belly crawling, inching forward, forward...

Until hard hands grasped his forearms and lifted him bodily from the floor.

Strong hands turned him to dangle before a mockingly handsome man. No, not =
man. Not with those dangerous, glittering bone-blades.  A Nietzschean

Del Fey.

Harper could barely flail his heavy arms as his captor carted him bodily
across the room and laid him in the bed he'd abandoned moments before.

Before Harper could act against him, the Nietzschean pressed a control on
the bed side and Harper found himself locked into a status field.

Wild-eyed he met Del Fey's mocking gaze.

"When he is healed," Del Fey spoke to the woman, but his eyes held Harper's=
,
letting him know the words were for him. "Have him cleaned thoroughly and
brought to my quarters. I would have him...." a seductive smile curled his
lips. "...for lunch."

harper blanched, knowing without hope for rescue, he was well and truly
fucked.

Defeat took consciousness from him in an instant, the Nietzschean's words
following him into the darkness to play havoc on the security of his dreams

[...and finally a bit of a tease that I'm working up for the next capter. ]
Part 3

Del Fey's dark eyes ran apprecatively up Harper's scarcely clothed form and
he smiled. "You're appearance so...most pleasing, kluge."

Harper scowled at the big Nietzschean. "Like I should give a big fucking
damn what pleases you?"

His smart mouth earned him a rough shake from the guard that had escorted
him none to gently to Del Fey's quarters.

"Don't break my bed mate, fool." Del Fey snarled and the guard made some
apologetic noises, but his fingers tightened painfully on Harper's arm in
punishment.

--=20
The MB Archive invites all authors to archive
http://www.squidge.org/peja/cgi-bin/index.php
direct submissions  - makebelievearchive at gmail.com
Mailing Lists, Journals and Blogs
http://www.squidge.org/peja/cgi-bin/categories.php?catid=3D3252
the WWOMB challenge sites
http://promptsrus.dreamwidth.org
http://asylums.insanejournal.com/promptsrus
http://asylums.insanejournal.com/MinuteFic
http://community.livejournal.com/adoptaplotbunny
http://community.livejournal.com/MinuteFic
http://lists.squidge.org/wws/info/adoptaplotbunny
Keep up with the lists and archive at http://twitter.com/wwomb

--0050450167fb1d561c0487abaaf5

amus Harper/Dragon warriors <br>Rating: R<br>Warning: There is Non-con sex =
of an unconscious man in this one (Does that make it worse)<br>Summary: The=
 truth behind why Seamus left Boston<br>
Spoilers: Yea, but I can&#39;t remember the ep name, so when they went back=
 to Boston ep....<br>Feedback: I write faster if I have a reason too<br>Ema=
site: <a href=3D"http://www.squidge.org/~peja/">http://www.squidge.org/~pej=
a/</a><br>
veral hapless, bound kludges behind them, strode through the dark streets o=
f Boston. Those few Earthers that dared violate the curfew scattered before=
 the approaching slavers, desperate for any hidey-hole they might find. <br=

ed breath for the slavers to pass. He&#39;d witnessed this scene played out=
 thousands of times over his growing up years. Had heard the tales of abuse=
 and neglect served up on the heads of those luckless slaves apprehended by=
 the Dragan acquisition teams.<br>
ntered his section of the breeder camp, especially since he&#39;d reached t=
he age of maturity. Too many breeding aged humans had vanished over the las=
t couple years for any of the young men and women to think themselves safe.=
Better to be a magog hatchery than to be taken by the Dragans.<br><br>&quot=
;Seamus,&quot; his father whispered at his ear. &quot;Take your mother and =
get back to Brendan Lahey. Your cousin will see to it that these bastards d=
on&#39;t find you.&quot;<br>
 You know they will. We&#39;re in a bad position. I need to lead them away =
from you.&quot; He smiled grimly. &quot;I&#39;ll hold them off you as long =
as I can.&quot;<br>
them. It would only take one glance and they would be finished. <br><br>He =
met his father&#39;s eyes, the love he held for the man who had raised him =
shining in his moist eyes. &quot;Dad, I...&quot;<br>
out his hand to Seamus.<br><br>Seamus stared at that hand then clasped his =
father&#39;s forearm in a comradely grip. &quot;I&#39;ll do the best I can,=
 Dad.&quot;<br>
lady wife. &quot;Let our son see you to safety.&quot;<br><br>She stared int=
o his eyes a long moment, then went into his arms for a deep searching kiss=
. &quot;Forever, my love,&quot; she whispered as they parted.<br>
br><br>Before either could argue, his father darted out of the alley and do=
wn the street. Distracted by certain prey, the dragan squad took pursuit, d=
ragging the luckless humans they already possessed along behind them.<br>
s mother&#39;s hand, he lead her the opposite direction. <br><br>Several bl=
ocks later they ran into the second team. <br><br>&quot;God&#39;s mercy.&qu=
ot; his mother cried as the warriors sprang out of a darkened shop two bloc=
ks ahead of them. <br>
ey&#39;d come.<br><br>&quot;This is no good,&quot; his mother rasped, clutc=
hing at her side. &quot;I&#39;ve got a pain in my side. I can&#39;t run any=
more. Harper, save yourself. Go quickly. To the arranged spot. We&#39;ll me=
t you there, god willing.&quot;<br>
im a shove toward the next street. &quot;Go, my son. Be safe. For your fath=
er. For me, go.&quot;<br><br>With that, she whirled, snatching up a rod lyi=
ng in the street and prepared to meet the warriors head on.<br>
9; shoulder, bringing the smaller blond out of his grim thoughts. &quot;Sea=
mus, you did the only thing you could. They died so you could live.&quot;<b=
r>
does the right thing every time.&quot; He tugged the shriller out of his hi=
p pocket. &quot;Especially if its the easy thing.&quot; He pressed it to hi=
s lips and blew. Once, twice and again, then let the shriller slip from his=
 fingers into his parents shared grave. <br>
on his heel and walked away, leaving his cousin to stand vigil over the dea=
d. <br><br>Harper let his feet take him where they would, wandering without=
 thought. Without direction. Lost in a grief so large he felt it would swal=
low him alive.<br>
 away and was deep in the darkness of night. <br><br>His blue gaze swept th=
e area, searching for the person who was calling to him. And found no one. =
&quot;Great, superhero, now you&#39;re imagining things. Way to lose your m=
ind hotshot.&quot; <br>
 was whispered from the shadows again. <br><br>He whirled around and found =
swer came to him. <br>
everything around him for the people, for there had been two separate voice=
per&quot; <br>
r><br>Panic flooded his blood and he whirled, trying to penetrate the darkn=
ess. To locate his tormentors. &quot;This isn&#39;t funny.&quot; He screame=
d, whirling this way and that. &quot;Show yourself.&quot;<br>
 the silence reigned.<br><br>Harper drew a shaky breath, raked through his =
spiked hair. &quot;I&#39;ve got a gun. You&#39;d be smart if you leave me a=
lone.&quot;<br>
Leave me alone.&quot; from behind and much too close for comfort.<br><br>
Biting his lip, Harper slowly turned to face the approaching Dragan warrior=
he warrior chuckled, rippling his talons in the moonlight. &quot;You&#39;d =
be smart,&quot; he minced, &quot;If you leave me alone.&quot;<br>
slaver. &quot;Leave me alone.<br><br>&quot;What&#39;s wrong, kludge?&quot; =
the slaver said, opening his arms wide. &quot;No one here to get between us=
 and you tonight?&quot; <br>
 to protect the breeder.&quot;<br><br>And yet another hulking slaver steppe=
d into the light, stalking him. &quot;No one to stop us from taking the klu=
dge we were sent to acquire?&quot;<br>
hriller in his back pocket and came up empty. <br><br>He&#39;d tossed it in=
 his parents grave. <br><br>God, the only hope and he&#39;d chucked it like=
 a fool to the slaughter.<br>
 step or two before he whirled and darted past the warriors coming at him f=
rom all sides.<br><br>And suddenly the street was filled with over a dozen =
loping Dragan warriors, throwing taunts, calling his name. Keeping pace wit=
h his heels, breathing down his neck. A few sprinted ahead and turning grac=
efully around, ran backward, facing him. <br>
ing to burst. Ran until fire lanced in his side, bending him over and still=
 he ran, stumbling, catching himself, running without hope.<br><br>Fingers =
brushed over his skin. &quot;He&#39;s a fine specimen.&quot;<br>
ed strong slaves.&quot;<br><br>One of the warriors facing him caressed his =
groin. &quot;A nice package, boy. You&#39;ll do well.&quot;<br><br>Harper j=
erked away from each touch, each caress, slowing as his body ran down. He s=
tumbled again. This time going down on his knees. He scrambled on hands and=
 knees, not yet willing to admit defeat.<br>
nd. Another thudding kick against his temple brought him down, and the dark=
ness folded in on him.<br><br>&quot;Take the kludge to the ship and clean h=
im up,&quot; he heard as he slipped away. &quot;Del Fey will expect to feas=
t on this one tonight.&quot;<br>
nd with a blaze of pain riding his entire body. Taking care not to breath t=
oo deeply, Seamus Harper slitted his eyes and let in a small bit of the nig=
htmare come to life. <br>
 and smell of recirculated air he wasn&#39;t even on the planet anymore.<br=
 weighted arm over his eyes to block out what his mind screamed against bel=
ieving. Screamed out, then with the submission of a man in hell shuddered t=
o acceptance.<br>
bled under his breath.<br><br>&quot;You&#39;re awake?&quot; a soft voice sa=
id, coming from behind him to. &quot;I had begun to worry.&quot;<br><br>
A smile lit Harper&#39;s face at the sound of the soft womanly voice and fo=
rgetting the damage to his body, he rolled over. A sharp, stabbing pain dug=
 into his ribs, curling him in on himself. &quot;Oh, this is so not good.&q=
uot; <br>
illed him even before the woman=92s hands confined him.<br><br>&quot;You ne=
ed to be still awhile. You took a vicious beating.&quot; <br><br>Breathing =
through the pain wracking his body, Harper arched a sarcastic brow. &quot;G=
ee, ya think?&quot;<br>
given a nanobot injection. You need to lie still until the agents can repai=
r the damage.&quot;<br><br>&quot;Master?&quot; Gritting his teeth, Harper p=
ressed himself to sit up. &quot;Oh, man, I ....forgot. The Dragan=92s....Wh=
ere are they?&quot; Gritting his teeth against the blackness eating away at=
 his vision, he shoved onto his feet. His knees wobbling under him, he clun=
g to the side of the high bed, casting a desperate darting glance around.<b=
r>
y getting a shoulder under him to support him. &quot;Please, you must get b=
ack in bed. The master won=92t be happy if you injure yourself farther.&quo=
t;<br>
ately.<br><br>&quot;You can not escape. Master Del Fey has posted guards ou=
tside.&quot; the woman told him. &quot;Please...&quot;<br><br>Harper thrust=
 her away, stumbling at the force of his own shove, he reached out, catchin=
g himself against the bed and jarring his ribs. Darkness hit him like a wav=
e, but he shook it off, his fear too strong to let him escape through uncon=
sciousness. <br>
t he hoped was the back door. Several steps into his impossibly slow flight=
 to freedom, his knees caved under him and he went down hard. <br><br>The w=
oman knelt at his side, trying to coax him back to bed. <br>
continued forward the only way he could, crawling stiffly on arms that seem=
ed intent on flopping in no particular direction, until once more his body =
collapsed. floundering, unable to get his arms to support him for more than=
 seconds, he resorted to belly crawling, inching forward, forward...<br>
oor.<br><br>Strong hands turned him to dangle before a mockingly handsome m=
an. No, not a man. Not with those dangerous, glittering bone-blades.=A0 A N=
ietzschean<br>
carted him bodily across the room and laid him in the bed he&#39;d abandone=
d moments before.<br><br>Before Harper could act against him, the Nietzsche=
an pressed a control on the bed side and Harper found himself locked into a=
 status field. <br>
aled,&quot; Del Fey spoke to the woman, but his eyes held Harper&#39;s, let=
ting him know the words were for him. &quot;Have him cleaned thoroughly and=
 brought to my quarters. I would have him....&quot; a seductive smile curle=
d his lips. &quot;...for lunch.&quot;<br>
 fucked.<br><br>Defeat took consciousness from him in an instant, the Nietz=
schean&#39;s words following him into the darkness to play havoc on the sec=
urity of his dreams <br>
Harper&#39;s scarcely clothed form and he smiled. &quot;You&#39;re appearan=
ce so...most pleasing, kluge.&quot;<br>
ucking damn what pleases you?&quot; <br><br>His smart mouth earned him a ro=
ugh shake from the guard that had escorted him none to gently to Del Fey&#3=
9;s quarters. <br>
guard made some apologetic noises, but his fingers tightened painfully on H=
br>
The MB Archive invites all authors to archive <br><a href=3D"http://www.squ=
idge.org/peja/cgi-bin/index.php">http://www.squidge.org/peja/cgi-bin/index.=
php</a> <br>direct submissions =A0- <a href=3D"mailto:makebelievearchive at gm=
ail.com">makebelievearchive at gmail.com</a> <br>
/cgi-bin/categories.php?catid=3D3252">http://www.squidge.org/peja/cgi-bin/c=
ttp://promptsrus.dreamwidth.org">http://promptsrus.dreamwidth.org</a><br>
nejournal.com/promptsrus</a><br><a href=3D"http://asylums.insanejournal.com=
/MinuteFic">http://asylums.insanejournal.com/MinuteFic</a><br><a href=3D"ht=
tp://community.livejournal.com/adoptaplotbunny">http://community.livejourna=
l.com/adoptaplotbunny</a><br>
ejournal.com/MinuteFic</a><br><a href=3D"http://lists.squidge.org/wws/info/=
adoptaplotbunny">http://lists.squidge.org/wws/info/adoptaplotbunny</a><br>K=
eep up with the lists and archive at <a href=3D"http://twitter.com/wwomb">h=
ttp://twitter.com/wwomb</a><br>

up"></div><style type=3D"text/css">#avg_ls_inline_popup {  position:absolut=
e;  z-index:9999;  padding: 0px 0px;  margin-left: 0px;  margin-top: 0px;  =
width: 240px;  overflow: hidden;  word-wrap: break-word;  color: black;  fo=
nt-size: 10px;  text-align: left;  line-height: 13px;}</style>

--0050450167fb1d561c0487abaaf5--