[Makebelieve] Fic: Lizards And Teddy Bears 2: Rejection (NCIS) Tony/Jethro (FRAO)

makebelieve archive makebelievearchive at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 14:30:03 PDT 2006

Lizards And Teddy Bears 2: Rejection
by PEJA

Fandom: NCIS
Pairing: Tony/Jethro,
Rating: FRAO
Warning: This is a total AU. Read the prior chapter
http://peja1956.livejournal.com/38121.html to prevent being forever in a
state of major confusion
Dedicated to Shel who says "I was just wondering if there was going to be a
sequel to this story. It was so original and very interesting I would love
to see what Tony was gonna do when he found out what Gibbs and Shepherd had
done. (NavyNCISslash2)
and Tayla who says: Oh, I'd like to see more of this one too. I think I said
it before It was delightfully creepy. (CompleteKingdomOfSlash)

Tail lashing furiously, Gibbs wrenched the door open even before the knock.
His haunted gaze spoke volumes to the man in the hallway. It was a look he'd
seen more than enough times in his lifetime.

Of course, he'd known what to expect when he got the call that he was needed
at the Gibbs home. Had been informed over the phone that the impregnation
was not going smoothly. Since being brought into the top secret program set
to give shelter to the aliens, he'd seen hundreds of Gibbs' species in
similar states of distress. Knowing the attachment Gibbs had for his human
mate, he had expected to encounter him in a far worse state of upset.

"Where is he?" Ducky asked without preamble.

Gibbs waved an arm in the general direction of the bedroom then took off at
a dash in the indicated direction.

Ducky followed as quickly as his aged legs would carry him, finding the
young man red-faced and writhing in fever on the damp, rumpled sheets.

Stage one rejection.

"You haven't slept since the insemination, have you Jethro?"

Blue eyes snapped with anger, but he managed a quick shake of his head
before Gibbs settled on the bed, pulling Tony into his lap.

The unconscious man struggled weakly in the other man's arms but Gibbs held
him firmly. His eyes caught Ducky's once more, imploring him to help Tony.

"I will Jethro." Ducky answered the plea in those gleaming eyes. "You called
me with plenty of time to spare. Tony will be fine with a little bit of
rest." Rummaged through his bag, finally coming up with a leather cased
syringe. "And so will the child." he said, pressing home the plunger.

Gibbs hissed dangerously as Tony's body spasmed in his arms.

"Easy, Jethro." Ducky murmured, warily watching the other man. "You don't
want to disable the doctor, now do you?" His lips pulled up into a half
smile. "I remember when your father's mate rejected .....well, you...."

Gibbs glared at him.

"It was touch and go, that insemination. We nearly lost both of you." Ducky
continued, "Stroke his skin, Jethro. Let him feel you near him, loving him."
he paused, watching Jethro gather Tony closer, his hands roaming over the
sweat drenched body. "That's the way, my boy." He drew a deep breath,
gearing up. "Now, where was I...Ah, yes, your father...Now there was a hard
man, Jethro, as well you know, hm? He was the same with his mate, let me
tell you. When the rejection sickness came over him, your father refused to
believe his sweet little Marty's body would reject his child."

Jethro nodded, a deep sadness in his blue eyes.

"When Martin died and we had to take you from his shrunken body...." Ducky
shook his head. "You were never at fault for your breeder's death, Jethro.
No matter what you may have been told. He didn't die because of you. No, his
death was because your father couldn't accept is own part in this lover's
death. Couldn't call for help before it was too late."

A violent shudder raced through Gibbs' body and his eyes slid shut against
the past. "I always believed...."

"I suspected as much, my boy. You father was not the kind of man who could
shoulder that kind of guilt." Ducky's eyes moved over Tony's featured,
taking note of the lightening of his skin, the deeper breathing. The way he
seemed to move toward Gibbs' caressing hands. He got to his feet, gathering
up his medical bag and then turned back to the couple on the bed. "You did
discuss this pregnancy with him, didn't you? He understands what's happening
to him?"

Gibbs glared at him over Tony's shoulder. "I couldn't take the chance he
would freak out and leave me, Duck. You know his history. If I had told him
what I intended to do, if he know I was not of his species...." Anguish
swept his pale features. "I couldn't lose him. Now...."

"...now he has no choice." Ducky shook his head, his disapproval clear on
his face. "Ah, Jethro. I hope you know what you are doing." He sighed
heavily. "but what's done can not be undone. I'll arrange for your
seclusion. He needs intimacy now, Jethro," Ducky said softly. "No sex until
his body accepts the child, mind you, but lots of skin on skin contact. He's
going to need intimate contact. It will ground him as his body adapts to the
gene manipulations."

Ducky strode to the door, pausing with his hand on the knob. "Tell him
what's happening to him, Jethro. Soon." and then he was gone.

Gibbs stared at the empty doorway for a long time, then bent to sprinkle
kisses over his breeder's cooling body. Tony was going to wake up soon.
Gibbs just hoped he would have time to come up with an explanation that the
younger man could accept before that happened.

want more? write me back and let me know

94 new stories uploaded to Makebelieve on 06/25/2006 in:
Adventure Inc, Battlestar Galactica 2003, Buffy, CSI, Dark Shadows, Darkwing
Duck, Dawson's Creek, Days Of Our Lives, Dead Like Me, The Dead Zone,
Diagnosis Murder, Dirty Little Secret, Down With Love, Dr Quinn, Medicine
Woman, Dr Who, Dragnet, Dragnball Z, Dragonheart, Dukes Of Hazzard, Kingdom
Hearts, Navy NCIS, Stargate Atlatis, Starsky And Hutch, Dark Shadows/Xmen,
Dawon's Creek/Law and Order Special Victims Unit, Dignosis
Murder/Highlander/Sentinel and Diagnosis Murder/Sentinel

AUTHORS... Need a website or shadowsite? Upload and edit you submissions at
http://www.squidge.org/~peja/cgi-bin/index.php
Post a story for archivist upload or get complete daily updates at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Makebelieve_YG