[Makebelieve] Fic: Spoils Of War (XF)

makebelieve archive makebelievearchive at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 21:28:49 PST 2007

Spoils of War
by peja

Fandom: Xfiles
Pairing: Kyrcek
Rating: FRAO

The war is over. The aliens, gone. Or driven so far underground to be
rendered harmless.

But at what price? Humanity is barely hanging on. Wiped out by the brutality
of those who would conquer. Billions dead overnight.

A military rule had seemed like a good idea at the time. The men who had
brought the threat to public attention had earned a place of honor and
respect. Those who had survived.

Fox Mulder found his new mantle of society's savior a heavy thing indeed. He
had retreated to the false security of his tiny apartment, declining the up
scale high-rise in favor of the familiar. His retreat from the public eye
had not gone over well with many, but those who knew him.... Who had worked
side by side with him knew and accepted that Mulder had given everything he
had had to give and could do no more.

Scully point of stopping by every couple days under the pretext of making
sure he remembered to eat. In reality, she was actually giving him a
discreet update on the progress of the rebuilding society.
Mulder couldn't have given a damn.

He'd sacrificed the first half of his life to the cause. Had faced death
time and again. Had survived the indignity of being labeled insane...and in
truth, maybe, from time to time he really had been out of his mind. But
could anyone blame him? He'd seen things that sane folks disavowed as
fantasy, and had proven them to be very real indeed.

Not that any but a select few would ever know that.

So who could blame him when he stepped back from the whole save the world
thing? He deserved taking off the rest of his life in the pursuit of an
honest to god life of his own. And if that life included having a different
slut in his bed every night, well, that was his choice.

Wasn't it?

But hell. Hell! Who would have expected that one fine night the slut
standing at his door would be none other than the long dead Alex fucking
Krycek.

Staring, gape-mouthed at the phantom from hell, Mulder almost missed the
softly spoken, "Smile for the man, Alex."

The words drew Mulder's gaze to the brawny handler for a mere moment, but
the other man's jerky movement backwards was a stronger magnate for his
attention.

The handler's thick fingers bite into Krycek's forearm, making the smaller
man wince. "I said," he ground out. "smile."

Krycek's lips, thin and pale, twisted into a grotesque charactature of his
infamous smirk that faded as quickly as it had appeared

"I apologize for the manners on this one, Mr Mulder," the handler said,
giving Krycek a vicious shake. "He was brought in on a new shipment this
week. We thought he might amuse you, but if you prefer, I can radio in for a
replacement...."

"No." Mulder grasped Krycek's arm and tugged him a few steps toward the
apartment, away from the wrestler type. "I'll take him."

The big guy grinned, smoothing a thick hand through jet black hair. "I'll be
around to pick him up around midnight, like usual?"

Mulder shoved Krycek farther into his apartment, back-peddling himself as he
said, "I'll call you when I'm done with him." He got behind the door before
the handler could respond and closed it sharply.

A hard banging said the man wasn't going to just go away. "Mr Mulder..."

"I'll get back to you." Mulder shouted through the door, finishing the whole
thing with a twist of his wrist, locking the man on the other side of the
door.

Chuckling he turned back to Krycek and ran an assessing eye over him.
"You've lost weight."

Krycek studied him from narrowed eyes.

"A lot of weight"

Krycek shrugged.

Mulder took a step closer, Krycek responded with a backward step. "That
shade of mint green satin looks good on you. Shows off your eyes."
Krycek allowed himself a tight nod.

A cold smile curved Mulder's lips and he moved forward another step. Krycek
back-peddled another step, keeping the distance between them.
"Are you afraid of being here with me, Krycek?"

Krycek's eyes darted away for a gasped breath, then quickly refocused on
him.

"You gonna keep avoiding me, Krycek?"

Krycek gave a resigned sigh. "Are you going to trash my ass?" He drew in a
deep breath and released it slowly. "Cuz if you are, I'd like to take a
couple more valium." He flashed a lifeless grin. "Pre-emptive act."

A frown crimped Mulder's brow. "I didn't take you for a drug addict."

"Oh, so there is some small level you think I wouldn't stoop to, huh?"
Krycek dug into his back pocket and pulled out a small bag of various
colored pills, opening it quickly and popping several without looking.
"Don't give me that much credit."

"Don't sell yourself short, Krycek. You were always a survivor. Why'd you
give up?" Mulder waved a distasteful hand toward the gayly colored bag of
pills. "Drugs, Man? You?"

"Think what you want. Why should I give a damn?" Alex gave his shirt a jerk
and the snap buttons popped open exposing the mild speckling of chest hair.
"Lets get this done, johnny boy. Do what you are gonna do and send me back
to the brothel." He lifted the bag and shook it. "I'm running short on
happy. Need to restock."

Enlightenment dawned in Mulder's eyes. "You were deliberately

addicted?" He raked a trembling hand through his hair. "My God."

A crooked smile tugged at Krycek's lips as he slanted a curious gaze at the
other man. "You didn't know? I thought..." His laugh held no humor. "But
what difference, hm? Come on, Mulder. Midnight is fast approaching. Beat me
down. Fuck me stupid. I've got a busy night ahead of me. People to fuck.
People to suck."

Mulder was on him in a blinking, his fingers biting into Krycek's forearms.
Somewhere in his thoughts he was awed by the thinness under his hard
fingers. "Why?" he ground out, staring into dead green eyes. "Why do this?
You could have had anything...done anything..after everything you did to
keep us ahead of the invasion. Why throw it away..for this?"

Kyrcek laughed in his face, a hysterical, mad kind of laugh that sent coils
of dread deep into Mulder. "I was arrested, Mulder. Convicted of crimes
against humanity. Slavery in the brothels was my sentence. My..." His eyes
shot daggers of torment. "... addiction as you call it was government
sanctioned."

Mulder searched his face for the lie and found only defeat. "We'll
appeal...Make them reverse.."

"No."

"No," Mulder roared. "What the hell do you mean, no? Listen, I'll call
Scully right now. Skinner...."

"Scully likes to be tied up and pretend I'm raping her. She calls me in to
service her when she's in a maternal mindset. I've fathered her last two
kids. The twins." Krycek's voice was a hushed drone. "Skinner likes to cut
me up. I've had to have the services of a healer almost every time he's
decided he needs to play. Doggett is the worst though. He likes it straight
and tender. I can almost imagine he really cares. Until he's done with me.
Then its, get your slut ass out of my house. I need a shower to wash you
off." He lifted his downcast gaze to Mulder's. "So what's it to be, Mulder?
Beating? Fucking? A combo?"

"My God," Mulder cupped his pale, hollowed cheek. "You really believe you
deserve this."

Krycek's lips twitched into that garish imitation of a smile. "It's not a
bad life. I get a couple meals a day when I meet quota. I'm not alone at
night anymore... I really hate to sleep alone. And they keep me in plenty of
happy pills. What more can a traitor of the human race expect."

"But you aren't a traitor. The information you provided..."

"I was convicted. Therefore I am guilty."

Mulder opened his mouth to argue his point, but Krycek laid his fingers
across his lips, shaking his head. "No more. Please....no more. This is the
life I've been dealt. I've.... adjusted to the brave new world. I know I
have no human rights. Please, hear me. I am property of the state. Like a
chair or a stick. I can't listen to you. I can't. I'd rather have the top of
my head blown off and finish it than to have the stray wisp of hope torment
me again. Please...Let it go."

Mulder's arms tightened around him, clutching his thin form to his chest.
"Whatever you say, Krycek." He smoothed the trembling man's back "Whatever
you say."

But his eyes as he stared over Krycek's shoulder screamed for righteous
justice and he silently vowed Krycek would never return to the tender
manipulations of the brothel.

Mulder's grim promise to himself ground to a shrieking halt as he found his
cock nestled in the warmth of Krycek's searching hand.

Mulder caught the questing hand. "What are you doing, Krycek?"

"If you have to ask, I must be doing something wrong." He sighed, pulling
his wrist free. "Guess its not fucking your after tonight then." He moved
away from Mulder, dragging off his shirt and tossing it over a nearby chair.
"Hope you don't mind. The shirt cost me plenty in blood. I'd rather not get
any blood all over it now." He moved to stand before Mulder, his hands
locked behind his back, legs spread to shoulder width. "Whenever you're
ready." He met Mulder's eyes without emotion. "Do you require silence, or
would you prefer screaming."

"I prefer," Mulder closed the distance between them with every word. "Your
honesty." His arms went around the other man, pulling Krycek tight against
his body.

Krycek's wide eyed stare held a universe of apprehension as their body's
strained against each other.

"Relax, Krycek," Mulder's hand moved over Krycek's back, finally burying in
his silken hair. He used the strength of his hand to hold Krycek still while
he moved to claim the pale lips.

At the first slight touch, Krycek went stock still, letting Mulder plunder
his mouth until his brain kicked back in and he thrust himself out of the
other man's arms, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. "I don't
kiss."

"Me, you kiss." Mulder swept him back up again, holding on tight while the
man resisted his embrace. "Easy, Krycek. Easy. I'm not going to do anything
to hurt you."

"Ironic, isn't it?" Krycek slumped against Mulder and laughed bitterly,
cloaking his gaze with the heavy veil of his lashes. "You are the only one
with the power to hurt me."

Keeping Krycek in his possessive embrace, Mulder leaned back and slanted his
head, a thoughtful frown tugging his brows low over brilliant eyes. Krycek
had endured physical pain that would paralyze a lesser man. Nothing he did
to him would bring him to his knees., and yet he was saying...? Mulder
dismissed the idea that Krycek might be afraid of any physical pain he could
dish out.

Psychological pain, then? He gave a mental head shake. Krycek played the
mind games too well to let anything like that get to him.

So, what did that leave? His eyes roamed the downcast features and a
triumphant smile ghosted his lips. Krycek had said sex with Doggett was the
worst because he made it tender. Had made Krycek feel important and wanted
until Doggett had taken what he wanted from the other man, and cast him
away....It hadn't hurt him, though, so...

Wait a minute. Kyrcek hadn't gotten nervous until Mulder had taken their
encounter past the commercial nature of a whore and his john. A kiss had
floored the dark and dangerous assassin quicker than a bullet to the head.

Could it be as simple as Krycek having feelings for him? Did the emotionless
assassin actually have a desire for him?

Animal instincts had nothing on the pallid man. His gaze lifted, meeting
Mulder's knowing one and he shook his head, his lips moving in a silent
chant of no no no...

"Oh yeah, pretty boy," Mulder captured his chin, tilting his head up. "Yeah,
I can hurt you all right."

Pain spasmed Krycek's tightening features.

"But I won't." Mulder ran a thumb over Krycek's lower lip and smiled. "I
won't hurt you....Alex."

Krycek's lips curled into a thin sneer. "Like I'm gonna believe that."

Mulder shrugged through a smile. "Kiss me, Alex."

"No."

His lips brushed teasingly against Krycek's mouth and he repeated, "Kiss
me."

And amazingly, Krycek's lips parted, his tongue slipping out to taste
Mulder.

"Oh my God, Alex," Mulder sighed, his hand plunging back into the younger
man's hair to control the kiss. Deepen it.

Krycek stiffened instantly, his hands coming up to push against Mulder's
chest ineffectually. He whimpered softly.

"Sh, Alex, Mulder murmured, placing little nibbling kisses along Alex'
jawline. "I promise, I won't disappoint you."

Expelling a defeated sigh, Alex gave him a small nod.

"I'm not playing mind games, Alex."

The younger man nodded again, but would not meet his eyes.

"Do you want a drink, Alex?"

That made him glance up. "yeah." He shook his head. "No. I've got clients to
see afterwards who might not like..."

"No more clients, Alex" Mulder stepped away, taking Alex' hand so he
wouldn't bolt and lead him down the all to the bedroom. "Not if you don't
want them."

"Like I have a choice."

"Trust me, Precious." Mulder led Alex to the foot of his bed then stepped
back a pace so he could absorb the perfection of the man before him.
"Beautiful." His fingers followed the path of his glance, trailing up Alex'
chest to play with the dark nipples.

Alex bit his lip, groaning softly under the caressing squeezes

"Do you know how long I've dreamt of you being the permanent the centerpiece
of my bed, Alex." Mulder's caresses dropped, following the sprinkling of
hair down his chest to circle Alex' belly button.

Alex squirmed under his tickling fingers. "I'm a big boy, Mulder. You don't
have to promise me forever. I know the score."

"It was that first day I saw you." Mulder unsnapped Alex' jeans, easing down
the zipper, his index finger tracing a path down the cotton encased cock. He
slanted a seductive glance at Alex, smiling. "You came in all cockily
innocent. Big man junior agent who wasn't gonna back down to the strange
duck on the block. Made me so damn hot for you." Not breaking eye contact,
Mulder went down on one knee, easing the rest of Kryceks' clothes down as he
sank.

Krycek's cock sprang out to greet him, long, hard and swaying enticingly
before Mulder's eyes.

Mulder grasped his hips and mouthed the other man's cockhead, his tongue
making little kitten swipes over the pulsating head.

Krycek's head fell backwards on his neck, a throaty moan pouring from him as
his knees threatened to give out under him

"Do you come for the johns, Alex?" Mulder wanted to know, suddenly needed to
know. To prove to himself that the man was honestly hot for him

Alex stiffened, his head coming up, eyes dark and shadowed. "Don't kiss." he
choked out. "Don't come."

"Good." Mulder gained his feet, gathering the distraught man in his arms and
smiling. "Now you just remember, I'm not a john, Alex."
Krycek eyed him doubtfully.

"I'm not a john, Alex." His voice brooked no argument.

"No? Then what are you, Mulder?" the defiant Krycek jeered. "My torturer? My
executioner?"

Mulder cupped his cheek, almost purring his amusement at the younger man's
on-again, off-again sprit. "Your lover...If you will let me be."
Krycek jerked out of the caress, his eyes a blaze of green jade. "For a
couple hours."

"For the rest of our lives," Mulder glared into his eyes, defying him to
deny his own desires.

Doubt warred with the anger in Kyrcek's gaze, until he closed his eyes and
shook his head. "I ....I can't. You're going to destroy me.
Please...Please...I ...accepted my fate way before the wars. I ...don't play
me...Just this once, show me some small mercy. I..."

"Trust, Alex." Mulder interrupted. "Take a chance on me."

Krycek met his eyes, searching his gaze. Afraid. Desperate. ...Fearfully
hopeful. "They'll come for me. Take me back."

A predatory smile curved Mulder's lips. "You, my precious little assassin,
are spoils of war."

Krycek snorted. "Spoils of war...right."

Nodding, Mulder eased him backwards onto the bed. "That's what I said,
sweetheart." He bent, shucking off Krycek's shoes, socks and the dangling
clothes hanging off his ankles before tossing off his own clothes and
following him to claim yet another stolen kiss. "Claimed bounty. Reward for
protecting mankind. They won't take you away from me."

Krycek touched Mulder's cheek uncertainly. "You are quite insane, you know?"
He nibbled at the corner of his lower lip. "Why would you do that for me?"

"I told you why. I have wanted you since the beginning. You're traitorous
history only made me want you more. When you killed my father I still wanted
you. And that made me wonder how I could love the man who killed my father.
I wanted you and I wanted to cause you a pain that matched my own."

"I didn't kill...."

Mulder silenced him by kissing him breathless. "I know. One of the first
things we established after the Consortium collapsed is that you were
framed."

"I was convicted..."

"That's something that I don't understand. You should have been among the
folks noted as having aided the cause. And you mentioned having had ..sex
with Skinner, Scully and Doggett. Any one of those three should have sprung
you from that hellhole, unless..."

'Let it go, Mulder. What's done...is done. Just...let it go and.." He
swallowed hard, watching Mulder's face through the lush veil of his lashes.
"And kiss me like you mean it."

Mulder leaned up on his arm, studying the other man's face intently. "Don't
want me to think to deep on it, huh?" He stroked Alex's high cheekbone with
his thumb, smiling a secret smile. "You think I'm gonna just forget about
what my friends did to you and let you lose me in the pleasures of your
body?"

Alex shrugged. "I really wish you would."

"Maybe for the moment." Mulder leaned down and latched onto a pert nipple,
suckling happily while his hand sought out the hills and valleys that made
up his lover's bodily terrain.

Krycek squirmed under the well educated fingers, his own fingers curling in
the bedspread.

"Let me hear your pleasure," Mulder urged, pulling a hand free from the
death grip it had on the spread and kissed Krycek's palm. "Touch me. I won't
break."

"Man, I should of known it," Krycek grumbled. "You are bossy in and out of
bed."

Mulder winked. "Get used to it, Precious. I get worse with time. And we have
a lifetime worth of time."

"And that's supposed to be a selling point?"

"You want me. I don't need a selling point." Mulder shifted lower on
Krycek's body and attacked the younger man's navel with his tongue.
Needy mewling escaped Krycek's throat and his hands found a new hold in
Mulder's thatch of thick hair.

Watching the sizzling lust reflected in jade eyes, Mulder kept up his
sensual assault. He reached lower, slowly stroking Krycek's aching cock.

Krycek thrashed on the bed, urging Mulder on and Mulder eagerly complied,
shifting on the bed so he could take Krycek's straining flesh in his mouth.
Krycek groaned, arching under the expert mouth. Needing to give as good as
he got, he twisted about and mirrored Mulder's action, making the older man
buck in surprise, only to settle into the rhythm of the mouth caressing his
need.

Hands roamed over hills and valleys. Moans blended in a harmony of lust and
desire. Two lonely souls twined together and merged, binding the lovers in
an eternal blaze of sensual sensation as the lovers crested the ultimate
peak of pleasure.

When the world settled back into normalcy and their breathing slowed enough
for them to think once more, Mulder curled up to gather his lover in his
arms and pepper his face and brow with gentle little kisses, murmuring
little words of love and forever into Krycek's ear.

Krycek relaxed in his arms and drifted into sleep.

Mulder brushed one last kiss over his lover's brow, then taking care to not
awaken the man, he crept from the bed. Standing over the naked splendor, his
eyes roamed over the pale beauty for a long moment before he carefully
covered Krycek against a chill and tip-toed out to the living room.

He placed a quick call to Monica Reyes, filing his claim on the man in his
bed.

And just that quickly, Krycek was free.

It would not be an easy road. He knew Krycek would not be a simple conquest.
His suspicious nature world scream trickery, but Mulder was determined to
gain the assassin's trust...and love. That prize would make all the trials
they had ahead of them worth the battle.

His decision made and set into motion, Mulder headed back to bed, and the
arms of his spoils of war.

http://www.squidge.org/~peja/cgi-bin/index.php
TO MY READERS: In an attempt to improve my story output, I've challenged
myself to write something for each of my lists and post something new every
couple days. At this time I'm only writing stories and WIPs that are
requested, so if you have something you want added to, you know how to get
it...

1. Post me a 5-10 word improv
2. Request a new chapter/sequel to your favorite current story
3. Send me a simple challenge in any fandom.