[Makebelieve] wwomb update (revised format) and challenges to the lists

makebelieve archive makebelievearchive at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 15:22:21 PST 2008

hi all...I've been trying to do up an update for the last couple days, but
not getting very far, so I've decided to try a new format. So until further
notice, I'll be sending out a weekly notice on the lists naming the fandom
and sub-gen, any new fandoms and character listings and the list of MLs
where the stories are orginating. I'm also sending out challenges to the
lists, each list is getting a different challenge. I'll package those
challenges on this update, along with the list that got the challenge so
anyone who wants to take it may.

I'll post a daily update in the news section of the archive
http://www.squidge.org/~peja/cgi-bin/news.php  as well that will include the
fandom updates, character and fandom additions and submitting ML...The
challenges are also going to be posted on the news section as well as the
challenge page http://www.squidge.org/~peja/cgi-bin/challenges.php

You can still get the story blurbs and URLs
http://www.squidge.org/~peja/cgi-bin/search.php?action=recent

That said,

*42 new stories added 2/01
**GENERAL - 16*
Golden Girls (15)
Torchwood
*HETERO - 3*
Buffy
Buffy/Angel
Fantastic Four
*HETERO-SLASH - 1
*CSI Miami/N.C.I.S/Hercules: TLJ/Magnificent 7/Xena/Medical
Investigation/House M.D/Criminal Minds
SLASH - 22
Battlestar Galactica
Buffy (2)
Friends
Goldern Girls
Lois And Clark, The New Adventures Of Superman (3)
Man From Uncle/NCIS
NCIS
Numb3rs
Original Fic
The Rundown
the Sentinel (3)
Star Trek Enterprise
Star Trek Voyager
Stargate
Torchwood

*Stories posted on 2/01 submitted through..*
todays stories come to you from various wonderful contribing independent
authors as well as from stories submitted to these lists....

http://lists.squidge.org/index.html/info/AlternateSentinelUniverse

Keep in mind some folks share their work on more than one list. I'm
including all WWOMB lists where the story was posted in this section

*9 new stories added 1/31*
*SLASH - 9*
Magnificent 7
NCIS (7)
NCIS/Medical Investigation

*Stories posted on 1/31 submitted through..*
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Gibbs_And_DiNozzo

*1 new fandom added (1/30)
*In the television category... The Apprentice

*11 new stories added (1/30)*
*GENERAL - 2
*Emergency
Golden girls

*HETERO-SLASH - 1*
The Apprentice

*SLASH - 8*
CSI
CSI/VSI Miami/Las Vegas/Numb3rs
Harry Potter
NCIS (2)
Numb3rs
Sentinel
Torchwood

*Stories posted on 1/30 submitted through..
http://lists.squidge.org/index.html/info/makebelieve

*New fandoms added to categories
**TELEVISION CATEGORY*
Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles

*XOVER CATEGORY*
Magnificent 7/Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles

*20 new stories added 1/29*
*GENERAL - 7
*Buffy the Vampire Slayer
The Golden Girls (5)
Wonder Woman

*HETERO -2
*Criminal Minds
NCIS

*SLASH - 15*
Magnificent 7/Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles
The Sentinel (10)
Smallville (2)
Torchwood
XFiles

*the 1/29 stories are posted thru..

*New fandoms added 1/28*
[Televison] The Golden Girls (cast)
[movies] High School Musical 2 (Chad/Ryan; cast)

*New character Pairings 1/28*
[Televison] Dr QUinn, Medicine Woman: Byron Sully/Jake Slicker
[Televison] I Dream Of Jeanie: Tony/Roger
[Televison] The Young Ones: Rick/Vyvyan

*todays stories come to you from various wonderful contribing independent
authors as well as from stories submitted to these lists....*
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MakeBelieve_YG/

*LIST CHALLENGE - SET 1*
I'm attempting to come up with new challenges for each of the lists. Its
turning out to be something of a challenge in and of itself, so to get them
to you I'll be posting them in the news page as I get them done. Will send
out the complete page of challenges once they are done. Go ahead and see if
any of these catch ya. If you don't belong to the list the challenge was
written for, you can email me the completed story and I will forward it to
the list in question for you. Be sure to include the list name and your
email so the folks can return feedback. If a challenge inspires you to write
in a different fandom, simply adapt it to fit your needs and go for it, all
the better.

1. general - Xander talks Buffy off the tower instead of Dawn. Prefer a
non-death fic

http://lists.squidge.org/wws/info/7daysbdsmandslash
1. Parker finds himself having to enter a BDSM club to retreive his
significant other.

http://lists.squidge.org/wws/info/7daysfic
1. general - Frank/Donovan backstep to save Olga from certain death
2. slash - Frank/Donovan backstep togeter and are trapped in transport. How
do they spend thier time while figuring out how to escape

http://lists.squidge.org/wws/info/21jumpstreetslash
1. slash - Hanson and partner go undercover..partner is injured

1. slsh - Your characters are trapped in a secluded area
2. general OT: your characters spend a day just relaxing

1. general - Jack is kidnapped. His partner has 24 hours to find him
2. slash - your characters spend a night at the gay club

http://lists.squidge.org/wws/info/a-teamfic
1. general - Murdock takes up ventrilaquism and talks himself into trouble
with the guys

http://lists.squidge.org/wws/info/a-teamslash
1. slash - Murdoch decides he has to sit on someone's lap in order to sit
down, causing a decided rise in the groins of the squad

1. hetero or slash - Adam is set up on a blind date..with someone from the
leather set

http://lists.squidge.org/wws/info/adoptaplotbunny
1. Xena AU - slash - clones challenge - Future fic: Episode- send in the
clones - Xena and Gabbie are cloned and need to rebuild their lives in a
distant future
2. Dead Zone - general - Johnny Smith spends some quality time building a
relationship with his son

1. OT/general - Adrian finds himself in possession of a dog he can't get rid
of
2. slash - Adrian gets a head injury and believes he is involved with the
male partner of your choice

http://lists.squidge.org/wws/info/adrianmonkslash
1. slash - power outage sends monk into the arms of the man he's secretly
loved for years

http://lists.squidge.org/wws/info/adultbabies_infantilismfic
1. general or slash - your choice fandom or original - opening the wrong
door reveals a secret life of infantilism

http://lists.squidge.org/wws/info/adultdarkshadows
1. slash - Barnabus and Quenton go on the run and discover each other

http://lists.squidge.org/wws/info/adultfarscape
1. hetero - On a planet where men are the property of women, Aeryn must
convince the officials that the men of Farscape belong to her by any means
necessary
2. an angsty Hurt comfort...John becomes ill and needs the comfort of his
certain someone

http://lists.squidge.org/wws/info/adultseaquest
1. hetero or slash - The loss of a loved one brings new love to your
characters

1. slash - Gabe sits at Judsons bedside after the shooting and confesses his
love to a man he thinks is asleep, only to find Judson was playing possum

http://lists.squidge.org/wws/info/adventuresincslash
1. slash - your characters find themselves trapped aboard a ghost ship where
only love can set them free

1. Adventure Inc/Relic hunter - gen or slash - the two teams meet on a site
and things heat up

1. Once A thief - hetero or slash - Mac reveals his lusty feelings..for
someone not Vic...maybe one of the cleaners??

1. slash - Lom issues an ultimatum to the boys...their amnesty hangs on one
of them being willing to become his lover. Prefer the boys straight and
making the ultimate masculine sacrifice.

http://lists.squidge.org/wws/info/aliassmithandjones
1. general or slash - the boys revisit the Hole in the wall for some healing
time

1. slash - the boys are caught in a snow storm and need to be inventive in
order to keep warm

1. Any fandom - mpreg - an accident of fate leaves your male character with
child

1. Cordy discovers Doyle is actually alive and goes to him
2. Cordy seeks out Buffys advice about Angel

http://lists.squidge.org/wws/info/allthelawandordergenerations
1. Law and Order: Your characters confess thier love
2. Special victims Unit - one of your characters is wrongfully accused
3. Criminal Intent - a stakeout has interesting consequences

http://lists.squidge.org/wws/info/allthestartreksbdsm
1. Star Trek - one of your characters collars his/her partner
2. Next Generation - Data asks his lover to teach him the darker side of
love
3. deep space 9 - One of your characters admits his/her desire to be
controlled
4. Voyager - Paris has been bad and needs to be punished
5. Enterprise - Your characters play out a pony scene

http://lists.squidge.org/wws/info/allthestartreksfic
1. Star Trek - Your characters vanish on a routine mission. Is it frce or
planned.
2. next generation - One of your characters is set up on a date by another
ho doesn't know the first character is in a secret relationshp already
3. deep space 9 - an incident on the station forces your characters to be
ntimate n oder to survive
4. Voyager - rumors are running rampant on board the ship. Is there any
truth behind them
5. enterprise - Archer's andorian friend reveals deep feelings for Archer

1. Star Trek - McCoy is ensnared in sensual games by CheKov and Sulu
2. next generaltion - Q wants to play
3. deep space 9 - Bashar confesses his interest in character of your choice
4. voyager - Paris stumbles on a couple engaging in casual sex
5 enterprise - Tucker discovers that once pregnant he can become that way
again

http://lists.squidge.org/wws/info/alphablair
1. Struggling through an abusive relationship with lab tech Sam (Samantha),
Blair has finally had enough and takes control
2. Jim losescontrol and Blair is forced to go to exreme measures to bring
him back on line

1. Blair crosses paths with Maya once more
2. Jim asks Blair to guide hIm in an intimate relationship

*You do not need to be a member of the list to adopt/adapt the challenge*. I
do hope you will share it with the archive if you do write something from
one of these

**NEW MAILNG LISTS:*
http://groups.google.com/group/makebelievearchive
http://www.squidge.org/~peja/cgi-bin/categories.php?catid=3252
*****CHALLENGES PAGE*:**** (accept a challenge, or add one of your own)
http://www.squidge.org/~peja/cgi-bin/challenges.php
*TO LEAVE THE LIST.*
*Squidge:* go to http://lists.squidge.org/wws/  Log-in and click on the list
you want to leave, then click unsubscribe
or send an unsub post to [list name]-unsubscribe at lists.squidge.org (
makebelieve-unsubscribe at lists.....
groups" and check "Leave Group". Save
or send an unsub post to [list name]-unsubscribe at yahoogroups.com (
makebelieve-YG-unsubscribe at yahoo....
*If you have forgotten your password* and/or email, contact the list host
for a new one.
*OT FYI:* I've been adding a lot of new recipes to the recipes LJ
http://community.livejournal.com/pejasrecipes/

http://www.squidge.org/~peja/cgi-bin/index.php
TO MY READERS: In an attempt to improve my story output, I've challenged
myself to write something for each of my lists and post something new every
couple days. At this time I'm only writing stories and WIPs that are
requested, so if you have something you want added to, you know how to get
it...

1. Post me a 5-10 word improv
2. Request a new chapter/sequel to your favorite current story
3. Send me a simple challenge in any fandom.