[Makebelieve] Fic: Lizards & Teddy Bears 8 - NICS

makebelieve archive makebelievearchive at gmail.com
Tue May 26 21:51:03 PDT 2009

Lizards And Teddy Bears
by PEJA

Fandom: NCIS
Genre: Slash, hetero
Pairing: Tony/Jethro, Tony/Jen (previously), Duck/Jimmy (implied)
Portrayed by Michael Weatherly/Mark Harmon, Michael Weatherly/Lauren Holly,
David McCallum/Brian Dietzen
Rating: FRAO
Warning: This has shades of Het. Sorta
Note: This was inspired by a post sent to NavyNCISslash awhile back, asking
the name of an episode where Tony finds a lizard in his bed, the lizard
morphed. Doesn't take much to warp the warped
Previous chapters or series at:
http://www.squidge.org/peja/cgi-bin/viewstory.php?sid=24321&warning=FRAO
This chapter is for Tayla and Kel2, who asked for this story to christen the
dreamwidth journal...and for all the rest of you who are asking for more of
this insane piece
General thanks to all of you folks who are requesting short fics and improvs
in the various fandoms. You're keeping the words flowing.
Permission to archive to WWOMB: Y)
Authors website:
http://peja.dreamwidth.org
http://peja.insanejournal.com/
http://peja1956.livejournal.com
http://www.squidge.org/peja/cgi-bin/viewuser.php?uid=1
I write dozens of fandoms, adding new ones all the time. to stay in the
know, keep tabs on either the Journals or the archive.
Disclaimer. NCIS does not belong to me. no money made in this
Note: The author allows forwarding of her work, provided she knows where its
going and any feedback is forwarded back.
Note 2: The author allows frustrated readers to continue any WIP from a
clearly marked end chapter, provided the author who creates this fic tree
credits the original author with what is hers and provides a copy of the
extension for her personal pleasure AND archiving on the wwomb

Part 8

Gibbs stared at the cup slowly cooling before him for several beats then his
searching gaze found Ducky's. "I really screwed up, Duck."

"You think?"

Ducky's quiet shortness grabbed Gibbs by the throat, driving home just how
much he stood to lose. "I was scared, you know?"  his voice broke on the
words and he swallowed around the lump in his throat. "I...thought Tony
would..." he sighed, shaking his head. "I'm so fucked."

Ducky chuckled, taking the chair opposite his lifetime charge. "You are your
father's son, my boy." He leaned over the table and pushed the coffee cup
toward Gibbs encouragingly. "Lucky for you Tony loves you to distraction."

Gibbs snatched up the cup and swallowed it in one go. "You think that's
going to be enough?" Gibbs asked as he lowered the cup.

Ducky bought some time by pouring a refill and waiting till Gibbs fingers
closed around the warm sides. "He refused to give up the child."

Gibbs nodded thoughtfully, mulling over the meaning of that. A slow scowl
pulled at his brows suddenly and he glanced over his shoulder at the
restlessly slumbering Palmer. "Jimmy....?"

"He is quite alright with the situation, Jethro. Between you and me, he
admittedly does have a man crush on you, but his heart..." Ducky's cheeks
flushed slightly and he gave a covering cough. "His heart lies in quite a
different direction."

Gibbs' crooked smile tugged and his brows rose. "You should grab him up, old
man. He would bear you a great bounty of children to gather round your
rocker in your golden years." A frown bloomed as quickly as the smile. "You
would have given him up...to be breeder to me."

Ducky nodded with a heavy sigh. "As you mentioned, I know who you are. Being
your breeder would have given Young Palmer a privileged life. I would not
deny him that."

"And now?"

Ducky's faded blue eyes lingered on Jimmy. "Time will tell."  He turned his
attention back to Gibbs. "You understand there can be no penetration during
this encounter? He will want you to enter him, but you must deny him. The
child..."

"I know the dangers, Duck."

"Walk him through what you are doing when you get in there, do you hear? He
will be disoriented, confused, but your words should help him connect."

"I understand."

Ducky consulted his watch. "Go to him, Jethro."

Gibbs bolted from his seat, knocking over the chair in his haste, and dashed
for the door. His hand was on the knob when Ducky spoke again.

"Jethro, good luck."

Gibbs nodded his thanks, knowing that he would need it.

end chapter 8

WARNING: I tend to forget where I cross post, so you would be best able to
follow the story through on of my journals or the WWOMB site.

--
The MB Archive needs authors
http://www.squidge.org/peja/cgi-bin/index.php
direct submissions  makebelievearchive at gmail.com
Mailing Lists, Journals and Blogs
http://www.squidge.org/peja/cgi-bin/categories.php?catid=3252
PEJA's mainstream article/short story  links
http://peja1956.livejournal.com/139148.html