[Makebelieve] WWOMB needs stories...prompts and challenges included here

makebelieve archive makebelievearchive at gmail.com
Wed May 27 12:37:36 PDT 2009

Over the last few weeks stories to the lists and archive are getting scarce.
Consequencly, the Makebelieve archive is in desperate need of new stories,
so I'm sending these authors choice prompts and fandom specific challenges
and prompts in the hope some will stimulate some new stories. If you have
some old stories you'd like to share as well..all better.

If you need new story ideas, or if you have some to share, daily prompts are
posted with these communities

http://community.livejournal.com/adoptaplotbunny
http://asylums.insanejournal.com/promptsrus/
http://promptsrus.dreamwidth.org
http://community.livejournal.com/minutefic
http://asylums.insanejournal.com/MinuteFic

In addition, as I get time they'll also be posted to
The Archive News Section: http://www.squidge.org/peja/cgi-bin/news.php
The Archive Challenge page:
http://www.squidge.org/peja/cgi-bin/challenges.php
The AdoptAPlotBunny list: http://lists.squidge.org/wws/info/adoptaplotbunny

Remember, the challenges are just a jumping off point. No need to be to
focused on the the specifics, although that could be good too, but I
encourage you to use them to brainstorm something vague, or go for the
jugular, its all up to you. If something in a fandom prompt inspires in a
different fandom, or character, run with it.

Finally, here's a suggested template for your headers.

Title
Fandom:
Genre: (General/hetero/slash)
Chapter number if WIP:
Characters/Pairing:
Portrayed by  (opt)
Rating:
Warning:
Prompt:
Previous chapters or series at:
General thanks to all of you folks who are requesting short fics and improvs
in the various fandoms. You're keeping the words flowing.
Comm/List Written for: (opt)
Permission to archive to WWOMB: (Y/N)
Author's websites:
Disclaimer.  does not belong to me. no money made in this
Acknowledgments/Notes:

When posting your work, remember to include the full challenge so I can link
your story
Now, to the prompts...

Character prompts for 7 Days
  1. Craig Donovan - this is/was going to be a long  day
  2. Frank Parker - There's nothing here
  3. Olga Vukavitch - Mr Parker, we have to talk

Character prompts for Adventure Inc
  1. Gabriel Patterson - dead to the world - bonus for bondage
  2. Judson Cross - do what you have to
  3. Mackenzie Previn - when are you going to let that go
  4. Brother John - explain it to me

Character prompts for Batman
  1. Batman or Bruce Wayne - foundation of lies
  2. Jim Gordan - memories
  3. Robin or Dick Grayson - brooding
  4. Tim - what do you mean you...

Character prompts for Becker
  1. John Becker - I'm confused
  2. Margaret Wyborn - pain in the ass
  3. Linda - never mind
  4. Jake Malinak - sour puss
  5. Bob - buster

Character prompts for Burn Notice
  1. Mike/Victor - where did you learn to do that
  2. Sam/Victor - Mike said I should rub your...belly. any objections?
  3. Michael/Sam or Michael/Fiona - real simple...do me a seduction in a hot
tub.

Character prompts for Castle
  1. Rick Castle - Where's the fun in that
  2. Kevin Ryan - gay curious
  3. Kate Beckett - I'm not happy
  4. Alexis Castle - that's my dad
  5. Roy Montgomery - can I be your number one fan
  6. Rick/Javier - The freaky ones reveal more
  7. Javier Esposito - you wouldn't dare
  8. Rick/Javier - will you sign my....
  9. Rick/Ryan - spank me

Character prompts for Charmed
  1. Piper Halliwell - you always make light of...
  2. Phoebe Halliwell - ground level
  3. Leo Wyatt - have your back
  4. Chris Halliwell - singe
  5. Henry Mitchell - practical joke
  6. Paige Matthews - surprise ending
  7. Cole Turner - don't tell anyone about this

Character prompts for CSI
  1. Catherine Willows - You're not going to believe this...
  2. Nick Stokes - sleek
  3. Jim Brass - advanced
  4. Greg Sanders - touch me
  5. Gil Grissom - quaint little place
  6. Al Robbins - just what I need
  7. Warrick Brown - random guy
  8. Sara Sidle - on the record
  9 .David Phillips - better than the alternative
  10. David Hodges - punishment for loving
  11. Archie Johnson - flashback
  12. Bobby Dawson - give us a clue
  13. Conrad Ecklie - its maddening
  14. Raymond Langston - holding on to something
  15. Langston/Stokes - maybe I can't be saved
  16. Lady Heather - first step

Character prompts for Dr Strange
  1. Stephen Strange - its disturbing...and funny all at the same time
  2. Clea - you like this
  3. Wong - can I get out of the
  4. The Ancient One - you waited too long

Character prompts for Dr Who
  1. 10th doctor - break the news
  2. 9th doctor - be nice
  3. Donna Noble - Someone's going to get hit
  4. Rose Tyler - savage beast
  5. Martha Jones - listen to your heart
  6. The Master - Fun for all
  7. Mickey Smith - tango
  8. Laszlo/Tallulah - love can overcome anything

Character prompt for Ghost whisperer
  1. Melinda Gordon - you're a good man
  2. Jim Clancy - what's going on
  3 .Rick Payne - helpless snickering
  4. Delia Banks - you don't have to be alone
  5. Ned Banks - you messed with the wrong person
  6. Eli James - no... wait..what...Me..?

Character prompts for Leverage
  1. Authors choice of characters - your character makes a simple mistake,
that tumbles out of control.
  2. Nate - messy, cluttered and choatic
  3. Eliot Spencer  - bad boy
  4. Parker - losing streak
  5.Alec Hardison - honey-dust

Character prompts for Legend Of The Seeker
  1. Richard Cypher - I don't think I can do this
  2. Richard/Michael - what happened

Authors choice of fandom and characters/pairing

  1. Author's choice - I never should have let you
  2. Author's Choice - what's with this guy anyway
  3. author's choice - I fucked up
  4. Authors choice - it all began with a tube of lube
  5. authors choice - strip poker
  6. Author's choice - Gibbsslap him
  7. Author's Choice - no one needs to know
  8. Author's Choice - tinman
  9. Authors choice - Take a chance
  10. authors choice - take it out...slowly
  11. Author's Choice - Why does my brain go there
  12. Author's Choice - Running on empty
  13. Authors choice - How I became a queen
  14. Authors choice - knew/know what we were/are heading into
  15. Authors choice - feeling of dread
  16. Authors choice - watched/I feel like I"m being watched
  17. Authors choice - apparition
  18. Authors choice - The truth (2 versions)
  A. find/ing out the truth
  B. character suspects he/she is beig lied to
  19. Authors choice - you have got to try this
  20. Authors choice - what have you got there
  21. Authors choice - tell me everything
  21. Authors choice - haven't you forgotten something
  23. Authors choice - step up or step off
  24. Authors choice - sit this one out
  25. Authors choice - aha moment
  26. authors choice - virgin sacrifice
  27. Authors choice - Friday the 13th
  28. Make of this one what you will...either address the day and how it
makes someone nervous itself, or do a story where your character lives
through a jumble of bad luck situations.
  29. Authors choice - smart thing
  30 Authors choice - 101 positions in 20 minutes
  31. Authors choice - God asks your character to spread his word OR...God
speaks to your character in general
  32. Authors choice - cross your favorite TV/Movie fandom with a character
from your favorite novel, placing them in the book universe. (My favorite
series involves a paranormal detective series by Mark Del Franco)
  33. Authors choice - Step away from your comfort zone and write a fandom
you've never done before.
  34. Authors choice - I can't take it anymore. You've been sending so many
mixed signals I just don't know what you want from me.....
  35. authors choice - Stoking the fire
  36. authors choice - feel exhilarated, and exhausted, all at once
  37. authors choice - running in circles, wringing hands, hopping up and
down, and generally acting like a fool
  38. authors choice - let go
  39. authors choice - Hey big man, do you get the feeling something is
starting between us...
  40. Authors choice - finish it

Kinks

1. authors choice - bondage - a first time scene between bondage curious
parnters
2. authors choice - cutting - Character's secret kink in revealed to somone.
Intervention or bloodplay?
3. authors choice - cross dressing - Your characters is caught wearing a
slinky something
4. authors choice - mastrabation - a little alone time turns sexy
5. authors choice - glory hole - character discovers his/her special friend
on the other end of a glory hole

Mythology, Legends and Folklore - explanation

For authors who would like to explore the supernatural and unexplained I'll
be pompting a few of these "Maybe" creatures. You can use them in an
original fiction or in a fandom oriented story. Just something different
from the usual prompts and prompting lists and comms. I hope some of you
will find these interesting enough to use over time

Mythology Legends and Folklore -
1. authors choice - The Jersey Devil
You can find out more about this creature at
http://www.theshadowlands.net/jd.htm
2. Authors choice - Mothman
You can find out more about this creature at
http://www.prairieghosts.com/moth.html
3. Authors choice - The Drow
You can find out more about this creature at
http://www.mythicalcreaturesguide.com/page/The+Drow

--
The MB Archive needs authors
http://www.squidge.org/peja/cgi-bin/index.php
direct submissions  makebelievearchive at gmail.com
Mailing Lists, Journals and Blogs
http://www.squidge.org/peja/cgi-bin/categories.php?catid=3252
PEJA's mainstream article/short story  links
http://peja1956.livejournal.com/139148.html