[Makebelieve] Fic: Flashpoint 3 - Andromeda - Seamus Harper/Dragon warrior, Seamus Harper/Rafe Valentine - FRAO - non-con

makebelieve archive makebelievearchive at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 15:30:27 PST 2011

Title: Flashpoint
Author: Peja
Story Summary: The truth behind why Seamus left Boston
Chapter Summary: Rafe arrives
Fandom: Andromeda
Pairing: Seamus Harper/Dragon warrior [Gordon Michael Woolvett/o],
Pre-slash for Seamus Harper/Rafe Valentine [Gordon Michael
Woolvett/Cameron Daddo]
Rating: R
Prompt: The <a href="http://www.squidge.org/~peja/cgi-bin/index.php">WWOMB</a>
Archive's Random Fandom last week was Andromeda. I kinda thought I'd
take it up and bring out another chapter of this long lost story. It's
less than a week late, so...whatever.
Warnings: This one is a slave fic, with all the darkness of that
trade. Be warned of nastiness to come. There is Non-con sex in this
chapter.
Genre: slash
Spoilers: Yea, but I can't remember the ep name, so when they went
back to Boston ep....
Feedback: I write faster if I have a reason too
Series: No
Chapter number if WIP: 3
Previous chapters or series at:
http://www.squidge.org/~peja/cgi-bin/viewstory.php?sid=1605
Sand-box [open series]: Y
Permission to archive to WWOMB: Y
Acknowledgments/Notes: This story is an AU in that Rafe finds Harper,
not his sister. It does play on bits of info about the society that
Harper came from in Boston, but I've taken liberties.
Disclaimer.  Andromeda does not belong to me. no money made in this
Comm/List Written for: (opt) A direct link to the challenge is here
http://www.squidge.org/~peja/cgi-bin/challenges.php?chalid=1797
Author's websites:
http://www.squidge.org/~peja/cgi-bin/viewuser.php?uid=1
http://peja1956.livejournal.com
http://peja.insanejournal.com
http://peja.dreamwidth.org

Part 3

Del Fey's dark eyes roamed appreciatively over Harper's scarcely
clothed form. Liking what he saw, he smiled. "You're appearance
is...most pleasing, kluge."

Resisting the urge to squirm nervously, Harper scowled at the big
Nietzschean. "Like I should give a big fucking damn what pleases you?"

His smart mouth earned him a rough shake from the guard that had
escorted him none to gently to Del Fey's quarters.

"Don't break my bed mate, fool." Del Fey snarled.

The guard made some apologetic noises, but his fingers tightened
painfully on Harper's arm in punishment.

"Hey, watch it, bully-boy," Harper yelped, wrenching his arms to
escape the cruel grasp. Smiling to himself because this protest earned
the guard another snarl from the big boss. "You're gonna cause
bruises, ya know." he added for good measure, before pining Del Fey
with his best hard glare. "I am not anyone's bed-mate, buddy."

Del Fey's brows lifted, revealing his predatory side. "No?"

"Hell, no." Harper's hands fisted at his side. "I'd kill myself before
I let you...you..." His hands flapped in the air as words failed him,
so he only said, "No way."

Del Fey chuckled darkly. "This is your final word? You are certain?"

"None final-er."

"As it happens," Del Fey purred, "I do have another vacancy in the crew.

^^^

Rafe Valentine prided himself on ever going into a situation without a
very well thought out safety net in place. Well, maybe well thought
out was a stretch, because it didn't matter if the plan was a workable
one, just that he had something in the back of his mind. Just enough
to have a skeletal means of escape...to have a foot on the ground
running until his fly by the seat of his pants instincts kicked in and
saved his ass.

And a very fine ass it was, he thought, patting his left cheek
affectionately. The man was more than a little in love with himself,
appearance wise, if he did have to say so himself. So how was he
supposed to save that pretty, tight butt now that he'd been captured
by the legendary Lynx Pride?

Captured, by God. The gall of it all. Omair Del Fey had a black hole
of explaining to do this time. They were supposed to be working a
deal, for fuck's sake. What the hell had flown up the dangerous
Nietzschean's ass this time?

Still, he didn't resist as his guard's shepherded him not at all
nicely down the long corridors that lead to the Commander's quarters.
When they finally reached the cabin's access doors and they swished
open, a gigantic hand found the small of his back and Rafe was shoved
ingloriously inside.

He flailed forward, just barely keeping his feet under him, regaining
his balance with cat-like grace and pulled himself to his full height.

He opened his mouth the rant at his contrary partner in crime, for it
was crime they were engaged in. Arms dealing to be exact. One look at
Del Fey's stormy expression though and he swallowed down his words and
wisely decided to take a calmer direction with the man.

"You, my dear friend," he cooed, adjusting his clothes now he was free
of the guard's biting grasp. "Have got a bad business manner." He
began picking at imagined lint on his sleeve to cover his seething
rage. "This is no way to treat a guy you want to deal."

Del Fey's bone blades fluttered aggressively, the dagger sharp tips
reflecting in the ship's artificial light. "Don't anger me, human."

Rafe flashed his patented "trust me" smile, smoothing back his brown
hair. "Chill,guy. I'm hardly a danger to you, what with my..." He
tilted a nod toward the warriors who had escorted him through the
ship's gleaming corridors. Neither warrior was even trying to disguise
the gleaming bone blades extending from arms crossed over broad
chests. "...armed escorts just looking for a reason to pin me to a
wall."

Del Fey brightened suddenly, chuckling. "You must make allowances for
my security, kluge...mmmm, human. We don't, as a rule, have much
contact with...inferior species, unless..." He let this words hang
uncompleted.

"Unless your using them for ...unpaid labor?" Rafe filled in, suddenly
very aware of the many humans who had fallen into Nietzschean hands.
Slaves, or worse, if the stories were to be believed.

Rafe had little doubt the stories were true.

"Exactly so," Del Fey confirmed his worst worries.

Rafe grimaced. "I should tell you I'm only here to deal the arms we
spoke of. I don't dabble in trafficking humans.

"but you do deal flash."

Rafe's eyes narrowed. "What would a Nietzschean want with flash?
Wouldn't you be concerned with taking your edge off?"

"That is none of your business."

A dark brow shot up. "Is...if you want to buy flash from me. A matter
of trust, and I don't know you well enough to trust you, Nietzschean."

"We could kill you and just take what we want."

Rafe nodded. "You sure could. Might even get you a shipment...if I had
it on my ship. Which I don't. Trust, remember? But you kill me and
where you going to get more when the cargo goes dry? My family
controls the run of flash. Don't think they'd be willing to do
business with the assassin of their golden child, do you?"

"I...see your point, human." Del Fey sighed. "Might be we have been a
little...rash in our handling of the situation."

"Ah, gee," Rafe flashed his smile again, the very picture of
innocence. "Do ya think?" His gaze hardened, exposing the side of him
that kept the competition full well at bay. "So, shall we try this
again? What do you want with flash, Nietzschean?"

Del Fey motioned him to follow. "Walk with me, Valentine."

Rafe took a moment to process his rise in the Nietzschean's shadowed
view, estimating his chances of getting off the ship in one piece had
gone up by half before he fell into step with the other man. Together
they strode down the same hall he'd been dragged just moments before.
Neither man spoke the entire trek until they came to a stop before a
door.

"I recently acquired a new bio-engineer," Del Fey said after a
thoughtful moment.

Meaning you've either kidnapped some luckless sod off old Earth, or
some other planet, or raided a shop and enslaved it's crew and
passengers, Rafe thought.

"How very fortunate." Rafe murmured coolly, silently adding 'For you.'

"Not as fortunate as I had hoped," Del Fey groused. "Seems the man was
raised in a refugee camp. His immune system has suffered from the poor
conditions and malnutrition."

Translation, Rafe covered a grimace behind a forced cough. The bastard
doesn't have the health to last very long. "Why not lighten his duties
so he can do his job?"

"Young Harper is something of a genius in engineering. He can not be
shifted out with the rest of his pack. I am very much afraid Harper is
indispensable." Del Fey waved a hand over a glowing sense panel. The
door swung open and Rafe stepped through.

Shocked horror whitened his features at the sight of a semi-clothed,
not so perfectly built Nietzschean, rutting over a bound and unmoving
naked man.

"God in his Heaven," Rafe whispered, taking a step toward the
unconscious rape victim.

"As I said," Del Fey's amused voice halted him in his tracks.
"Harper's services are indispensable."

"You said," Rafe managed to bite back the bile rushing his throat.
"The man is a bio-engineer."

"And he is." Del Fey's bruising fingers curled around Rafe's forearm
and led him around the coupling men.

"Aren't you going to make him stop?" Rafe burst out suddenly. "For the
love of God, he's raping an unconscious man."

The rutting Nietzschean suddenly sped up his violating thrusts,
plowing a jerking tearing path into the unresponsive body. He gripped
Harper's thighs in biting fingers pressing himself deeper, deeper,
then his body arched and he tipped back his head, howling his pleasure
in animalistic abandon.

Unconcerned by prying eyes, his grin tattooed into his unattractive
face, the man picked up a discarded lion cloth and cleaned himself up,
then carelessly tossed the garment over his victim's groin.

Rafe shuddered. The callous treatment of the helpless man made his
stomach heave dangerously.

"You find this...distasteful?"

"I find this repulsive."

Del Fey tangled his strong fingers in the unconscious man's matted
blond hair and wrenched his head up, his eyes running hotly over the
angelic face of an innocent in agony.

Rafe's breath hitched in his chest. His gaze devoured the pure beauty
and he felt compelled to play the shining knight for this stranger who
had seemingly claimed his heart without even trying.

"The man is beautiful, is he not?" Del Fey's eyes burned Rafe's skin.

"Yes..."

Del Fey smirked. "You would perhaps care to take a turn on him. I
assure you he will not mind."

'I'd sell my black soul for him,' Rafe thought, struggling to keep his
features neutral. "I'm not so inclined."

Del Fey smoothed his hand up and down Harper's thigh. "A pity. Being
fucked is his greatest pleasure."

"He's out cold."

"True," Del Fey brushed back the slave's dirty locks, rubbing his
thumb over a dark smudge on his pallid cheek. "But actually, Harper is
plugged into the ship." He indicated the data port wired from the
man's neck to a section of the frame Harper was bound to.

"How long?" Rafe's voice was barely a whisper.

"It really does disturb you, doesn't it?" Del Fey shrugged. "Too each
his own, hmmm?" He met Rafe's gaze coldly. "Harper has been in our
service for several months now. I had thought he would burn out more
quickly, but he is...resilient."

"He's been hooked up to that from the first."

Del Fey crossed his harms over his chest, bone-blades rustling
ominously. "He was given a choice. He choose to take the," His lips
curled in a dangerous smile. "Less pleasurable position."

An urge to scoop the injured man up in his arms and run was near to
uncontrollable, but Rafe managed to keep all his thoughts from his
face. "That long? Jesus in his Heaven."

"Don't worry about the boy, Valentine. He is part of the ship's
maintenance system. If he was taken off line, how would he be able to
perform his duties."

"You're going to burn out his synapse. He's an organic, not a machine
for God's sake."

"Then consider your providing our needs as a mission of human
compassion. The flash will sustain him." Del Fey strode to stand over
the monitors, adding, "Our society is based on slaving. This man is a
slave, plain and simple. Taken as part of a cargo we desired. He is
only worth our time as long as his brain is conductive to our needs."

"And his ass?"

"Ah, well, that s also useful to the inferior among us. You see, if a
male is seen to be of lesser quality the women will not choose to lie
with them as mate or husband. For those, a slave like this one is
extremely ...satisfying." Del Fey paused, his hot gaze roaming freely
over the unconscious man. "But, to business. When can we accept
delivery of the flash."

"You're going to flash fry this man's brain."

"He'll burn out faster without it, Valentine. Think of this as a
mission of mercy. Humans love those, don't they? Rescuing the helpless
from strengthening themselves."

Rafe huffed out a bitter breath. "Yeah, right. A mercy mission." He
raked his hand through his sable brown hair, thinking fast. "Look, I
came here thinking your needed a different sort of ...product. I'll
need to make some inventory shifts, call in some reserves, that sort
of thing. Should be able to have the shipment here in...eight hours.
No argument or no deal." he added when Del Fey opened his mouth to
counter.

"Eight hours will be fine." The other man finally agreed.

Rafe nodded, suppressing his sly smile. "Another thing. I want this
man taken out of harness and delivered to my ship for a complete med
check. Again no discussion. It's done, or I'm gone and the flash dries
up."

Del Fey's dark eyes narrowed and he snarled deep in his chest, but
finally gave one curt nod. "Agreed."

"Alone, Del Fey. I want to know no one is assaulting him on my ship
and I do not trust your people. I'm sure you understand."

Nuclear rage burned in Del Fey's gaze. "Of course," he ground out.

Rafe knew better than to smile at this small victory. He tread a
dangerous path. No need to grind salt into Nietzschean wounds. "I'll
key in the codes to my remote cargo drone as soon as he is in my
medlab. Relax, Del Fey. I'm doing you a favor by giving him a once
over. Cleaning him up and letting him get some rest before you flash
him will make the product work more efficiently. Give you more time to
sizzle his synapse before he actually self-destructs."

The Nietzschean simply grunted.

Rafe did offer his crooked smile then. "It's been a pleasure doing
business with your, Del Fey." He took a backward step, resisting the
urge to take one last look at the man he fully intended to save, and
turning, headed for the exit.

end part 3

The MB Archive http://www.squidge.org/peja/cgi-bin/index.php has added
several archive generated newsletters. You can now choose to receive
daily updates for the stories, the challenges and the current news
happening on site by going to your account page and ticking off the
newsletters you are interested in getting.