[Makebelieve] ficlet: For the Love Of... - Camelot - Arthur/Kay, Arthur/fc

makebelieve archive makebelievearchive at gmail.com
Sun May 8 14:17:52 PDT 2011

For The Love Of...
by PEJA
Fandom: Camelot
Characters/Pairing (portrayed by): Arthur/Kay, Arthur/ofc implied
Rating: FRT
Prompt: from 5_Prompts, Table 33: Prompt 1 - bittersweet memories
Warnings: None, just dipping my toe in the Camelot pool.
Genre: slash, hetero is implied
Series: no
Sand-box [open series]: Y
Permission to archive to WWOMB: Y
Acknowledgments/Notes: Written for the LJ community, 5_Prompts, just
cuz I can. One thing, I think I twisted canon a bit in the Arthur
stealing ladies from others, although he did steal one, so...
Disclaimer. Camelot does not belong to me. no money made in this
Personal Comm/List Written for: (opt)
Author's websites:
http://www.squidge.org/~peja/cgi-bin/viewuser.php?uid=1
http://peja1956.livejournal.com
http://peja.insanejournal.com
http://peja.dreamwidth.org

Kay loved Arthur. Nothing, not time or betrayal, could change that.

But the young prince was a selfish man for all his generosity. And for
that selfishness, he also hated Arthur.

He couldn't count the lovely women his young companion had stolen
away. Couldn't begin to describe the pain each conquest brought him.

But for all the bittersweet memories that played through his mind as
he watched his latest lady turn to Arthur, for all the tears that
shimmered in his eyes with this newest betrayal, he loved Arthur
still.

He always would. It was his cross.

So was life.

For the love of Arthur.

End

The MB Archive http://www.squidge.org/peja/cgi-bin/index.php has added
several archive generated newsletters. You can now choose to receive
daily updates for the stories, the challenges and the current news
happening on site by going to your account page and ticking off the
newsletters you are interested in getting.