[Makebelieve] OT: WWOMBtube, bouncing emails and other features on wwomb

makebelieve archive makebelievearchive at gmail.com
Sat May 28 11:30:14 PDT 2011

BOUNCING EMAILS:
Firstly, if you haven't been getting kudos, you might want to check
your account to be sure your email address is current. We're having a
major bounce back. To quote Walter's blurb in the news
section..."Almost 15% of WWOMB users have neglected to update their
email addresses. The sending of reviews and kudos result in quite a
few bouncing emails." You can check
http://www.squidge.org/~peja/cgi-bin/viewbademails.php to see if your
pen is bouncing. Or simply check your profile page
http://www.squidge.org/~peja/cgi-bin/user.php?action=editbio

Sidenote: if you have more than one pen using the same email you're
going to run into problems, best to use separate email addresses.

KUDO REVIEWERS
To the kudo reviewers, if you sign in and leave your kudo(s) the
author knows who sent it and c an email you a TY. Not so much if you
just click it.

TURNING OFF KUDOS
Folks who need to for whatever reason can turn on/off the kudos by
going to their profile page
http://www.squidge.org/~peja/cgi-bin/user.php?action=editbio and
ticking off the correct box.

MMoM EVENT
May is coming to a close and we're still looking for stories to fill
out our MMoM (Merry Month Of Masturbation) event. You can submit your
story for this event by clicking the MMoM category at the top of the
fandom choice tab, Be sure to also add the fandom info. (this is not a
crossover unless there is more than on fandom)

JAPAN AUCTION EVENT
Japan Auction has had a few stories posted to it. Please keep in touch
with your buyer/contributor so they know when their story hits the
site.

MONTHLY CONTESTS (Most Prolific Author, Random Author, Random Reviewer)
We're nearing the end of this month's contests, so watch your emails
to see if you have won the gift certificates. (another good reason to
update the email, hey? $10/20 GCs are nice in this economy.) Be sure
to keep posting next month for another chance to win.

Oh, and the Random Reviewer contest only counts on WRITTEN reviews
(which you have to log in to send)

WWOMB TUBE
I wanted to take a minute to remind folks that WWOMB now has a video
feature we lovingly dubbed WWOMBtube. It's our very own version of
Utube. Folks registered to the archive are automatically registered on
this area as well, so log in with your current info. If you've
forgotten your password or such, email me with your pen name and I'll
get ya set up with a new one. WWOMBtube can be found here.
http://www.squidge.org/peja/phpmotion

CHATROOM
The site also has its own chatroom service. Access it for a round of
chats anytime at http://www.squidge.org/~peja/chat/

BETA READERS
Reminder...the site has a registry of beta readers, so if your looking
for one, check out the eager readers by clicking the pull tab at the
top of the authors section and selecting beta readers. Folks
interested in beta reading, you can register with the site on your
profile page http://www.squidge.org/~peja/cgi-bin/user.php?action=editbio
Tick the correct box and list your qualifiers (fandoms you can beta,
error checks and squicks your comfortable/uncomfortable with with so
writers can make a good match and not bug ya if your only betaing one
or two type of fiction.)

NEWSLETTERS
The site now offers daily newsletters to keep folks informed. These
are generated on site so if the manually written story updates were
over-whelming but you liked the idea you  might give this new feature
a look
1. New and updated stories (sent daily): Pretty much says it all.
2. Challenges (sent daily): Alerts writers to new challenges posted on
site that day. I kind of fell off on posting daily challenges but will
be trying to get back into the swing on site. Anyone who has a
challenge they would like to submit, please do
http://www.squidge.org/~peja/cgi-bin/challenges.php This is the same
URL to access the challenges, or if you want a specific fandom click
the fandom and then click challenges at the tp of the page.
3. News (sent daily): This can be anything else. Contest winners,
events, glitch fixes, new features on the site, new fandoms or
characters, special announcements. Whatever.
4. Fandom Prompts (weekly): This is our Fandom Of The Week event.
Basically the site calls for one fandom, or cross over for that week.
Helps us mix it up a bit and reminds folks of some of the more rare or
Past Glory fandoms.

You can register for any of these newsletters by ticking off the box at
http://www.squidge.org/~peja/cgi-bin/user.php?action=editbio

FAVORITES (using blue "3column" skin)
Again you can tick off the box requesting a post when your favorite
author or story is updated at
http://www.squidge.org/~peja/cgi-bin/user.php?action=editbio
Register your favorite author at the top of any story page (theirs) to
select a favorite story click that icon next to the favorite author

E-READERS
The site now offers readers the option to download stories in a PDF
file. This should be a good to go on all models of readers.

ADOPT-A-FIC
The site has a section of unfinished stories that the authors have
offered up for adoption by another author. If your interested in
finishing one of the waiting stories, contact the author to arrange
transfer. Remember to give them credit for the work they did when
posting.  Authors who want to put a story up for adoption, simply
click that category in addition to the fandom info and add the story
as usual.

Guess that covers it, unless I forgot something (shrug)

We're always looking for ways to improve your WWOMB experience, but we
can only fix what we know about. so talk to to us, folks

Laters

The MB Archive http://www.squidge.org/peja/cgi-bin/index.php has added
several archive generated newsletters. You can now choose to receive
daily updates for the stories, the challenges and the current news
happening on site by going to your account page and ticking off the
newsletters you are interested in getting.