[Makebelieve] Ficlet: Scars (21 Jumpstreet) Penhall/Booker FRT---slashy H/c

makebelieve archive makebelievearchive at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 15:56:03 PDT 2007

Scars
by PEJA
Rating: FRT
Fandom: 21 Jumpstreet
Pairing: Doug Penhall/Dennis Booker
Portrayed by Peter DeLuise/Richard Grieco
Dedicated to Kate R, who has requested a Doug Penhall/Dennis Booker fic
using the words: rebar, Kiss, first, xylophone, Kareoke, Batman, Hurt, Criss
crossed, Scars, Back
She also requests:
If at all possible, a H/c where Doug Penhall is hurt and Dennis Booker
comforts
This story is being written for
http://lists.squidge.org/wws/admin/21jumpstreetslash
Archive: anywhere, as long as you post me the url and maintain all headers.
Otherwise, its at the WWOMB and my LJ
Send feedback. Posting a story every day or two demands some form of
acknowledgment, doncha think
PERSONAL NOTE: I am currently *only* updating the WIPs that folks request
and answering challenges posted to me by the readers. If you have something
you'd like me to write you, or a story chapter you'd like to read, email me
and let me know
I hope this answers the MBCom challenge, as well

Dennis Booker's head jerked, fighting the encrouching fingers of sleep. He
rubbed at tired eyes, then leaned forward to listen to the soft, hitching
breathing of the man in his bed.

Who the hell would have imagined Doug would have fallen victim to the
vicious band of predators they had been stalking? Doug Penhall, for Christ's
sake. How had the little bastard's managed to take that vigilante cop by
surprise?

But they had, hadn't they? Little weasels that they were, they had lain in
wait in the shadows where vermin like them liked to hide. The light of day
made them scurry into dark and dank holes, afraid that God might see what
they had de-evolved into and strike them dead in their stolen shoes.

He'd volunteered to take his current act to open mike night at the club they
had under surveilence. And why shouldn't he? He  always cracked up the room
wherever he played. That night he began by pounding on the xylophone he'd
bought on a whim because Dennis had happened to mention he liked the soft
sound of the keys, and serenading Dennis. For once being able to publicly
say all the words he wanted to say to him every day of his life, but
couldn't because cops weren't gay.

Stepping up to the mike, he'd reeled out a new comic act, finishing his act
by belting out an off key version of the latest love ballad on the Kareoke
playlist, all the while gazing deeply into Dennis' dark chocolate eyes.
Being an over the top kind of guy, he'd done the whole act dressed up like
Batman. he left the stage by swinging from some crazy batrope he'd rigged to
surprise the other man...Just to spice up our already salsa hot night life

It was a bittersweet sight, and Dennis had laughed so hard his sides hurt,
then fought tears of his own love for the talented comic cop.

The Jumpstreet squad hadn't suspected a thing. why should they? Two macho
men like Booker and Penhall, gay? Not a chance.

The perps, on the other hand, had seen enough. Four hate blind men had
caught Doug coming out the stage door. Armed with lengths of  rebar they had
swooped down on him without mercy. Welts criss-crossed his back as the
clothing shredded under the assault, then his back too shredded under the
rabid attack. Doug fought back, taking down first one, than another, but as
each man fell, his pack came back, their hatred redoubled, their attack all
the more vicious.

It was god's mercy that took Doug into the arms of unconsciousness.

It was love that, and a hurt in his heart that screamed Doug was in trouble
that brought Dennis and the rest of the squad to that alley in time to
prevent tragedy.

Doug had awakened in the hospital. He'd immediately demanded to be released
and Dennis had taken him home, sitting watch over the man ever since.

the pure terror of waiting was all worth it the moment Doug opened his eyes
and smiled at him, saying in a hoarse voice, "Give us a kiss, then."

END

Next up, I've got a request to do a sequel to "Intervention"
(Sentinel/Pretender)
Please send a feedback
If you want more 21 Jumpstreet fics, let me know

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I've made a self-imposed challenge to myself to write
something for each of my many lists so I need your help...That said, I'm
taking requests...to keep things fair, if you would like to see more
Jumpstreet, send me a list of 5-10 words. You might include a simple theme
as well. Anything to inspire me. If you'd like something for one of the
other lists (include fandom and list), or even something not associated with
the lists (include fandom).. same thing, improv me and since I'm taking
requests, let me know which WIPs you would like to see worked on. Oh ad I do
reserve the right to decline a challenge if I am unfamiliar with the fandom.
hard to write something I don't know

Help keep me writing (any fandom) by sending me an improv at
makebelievearchive at gmail.com

http://www.squidge.org/~peja/cgi-bin/index.php
TO MY READERS: In an attempt to improve my story output, I've challenged
myself to write something for each of my lists and post something new every
couple days. At this time I'm only writing stories and WIPs that are
requested, so if you have something you want added to, you know how to get
it...

1. Post me a 5-10 word improv
2. Request a new chapter/sequel to your favorite current story
3. Send me a simple challenge in any fandom.